Quad Will try anything at this stage

Steviegard

I am going to be your typical newbie to this. I have bought the equipment and thought the hardest part was deciding what LEDs I was going to stick on it.....
I build my first QAV250, with the following
Naze32
12A Simon EMax ESCs
Sunny Sky x2204s motors
FS-T6 controller

It took me 5 days to make it. I was very proud of my (messy) work, knowing I have to fly it yet. That's where my problem is.... i can't fly it. I have connected it via baseflight and followed a few youtube videos etc, but no luck.

I know this is a typical "he hasn't a clue" post, but any help would be very much appreciated. I had the motors spinning using the software (but I cant do it again).:warning:

bbj

I might suggest using Cleanflight instead of baseflight. That software has more adjustments available to you including setting up your LEDs and how they will function. Just reflash the Naze32 with it and when your naze32 is hooked to your computer with the micro usb cable you will be able to tell the software the quads orientation, where your motors are and it will tell you which direction they will be turning. When you want to actually fly your quad it needs to be initialized by having the throttle stick fully down and pushing it to the right. To turn off this feature do the opposite by pushing the throttle stick to the left while fully down. If it doesn't initialize by moving to the right but will by moving to the left then you need to reverse your servo in your TX.

Lee

I can't fly it, is a little bit vague :D LOL
Can you give us some more info on what you did, and whats happening.
The best way would be a small video and explanation, if possible.
Welcome to the forum. We'll get you sorted, i'm sure :)

Admiral

Going to the very basics, you do know how to ARM it?

Min throttle and rudder to the full right, I know I didn't read any documentation on my first build so missed that bit, but only for a few minutes.

Stambo

Steviegard the only silly question around here is the one you don't ask.
You won't get flamed or abused on this forum, Tony jumps on that pretty quick.
A bit more information will definitely help here.

As said previously, do yourself a favour and put cleanflight on your Naze32.
You will be starting again from scratch but don't worry too much about that.
The Cleanflight community is a much friendlier bunch and are still actively developing it.

What radio are you using?
Some need to have a lower subtrim on the throttle before they will arm.
Also make sure the quad is flat when you try to arm it.
Have you calibrated the accelerometers?
Quad must be dead flat for this too.

SAFETY WARNING
Remove your props and just put a flap of tape around the motors until you are ready to fly it.

Last edited:

bbj

I forgot to mention to remove the props. That's a very good suggestion and also suggest removing them while setting your quad up.

Steviegard

Thanks guys.

I have taken it all part and started again. I'm using CleanFlight from my Chrome App Launcher. trying to flash to Naze1.10.0 but it wont flash.
2015-11-13 @ 16:58:02 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 25
2015-11-13 @ 16:58:12 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
2015-11-13 @ 16:58:43 -- Failed to open serial port

Board has blue light on and a flashing green light.

Any help would be very much appreciated :eek2:

Steviegard

Okay, i have been at this all night, with the help from youtube and google. So i have a Naze32 and my controller is a FlySky FS-T6. Do I have to set it up PWM or PPM. If its PWM, can anybody show me which wires goes where. I know CH3 is throttle, but i cant seem to even get that working when i test it on Cleanflight.

Thanks in advance.
Stephen

Steviegard

Thanks Stambo. Have that sorted now. My next problem is what i do next. The remote responds to CleanFlight. But when i put it all together i can't arm it. 3 leds on the Naze on idle shows the blue on constant. When the throttle is down to the right a green light stays on. When the throttle is down to the left the green light flashes. Thats all.

Sorry for all the stupid questions guys.

Stambo

Make sure you have the props removed!!
Have the accelerometers been calibrated?
Is the quad level?
Do you have a beeper hooked to the Naze32?
The green led on indicates armed, it should go out after 5 seconds if you do nothing.
The red should be on too, this indicates angle mode or self level is on.
You should enable self level if you have never flown a quad.

Unplug the usb. OOPS, ERROR, THIS SHOULD SAY PLUG IN THE USB.
Plug in the flight pack.
Go to the motors tab and tick the box to allow the motors to start.
Move the sliders up 1 at a time and see if the corresponding motor turns and goes the right way, this will confirm motors are wired properly and the Naze32 is communicating with the ESCs.

Last edited:

Tasajara

If it want arm... Make sure you set all your endpoints in the Receiver Tab.

<<<Have all props removed before doing these steps>>>

Turn on your radio Plug up the quad to the computer load Cleanflight Configurator and connect.
Now plug up your flight battery.

Click on the Receiver Tab in cleanflight.
Check all stick end points. I set all of mine to 1000 at low end and 2000 on high end.

If your Throttle is higher on the low end than your Minium Throttle setting on the Settings page it will never arm
Example: the Min throttle is default 1150 and if your stick end point is say 1170 on the Receiver page it want arm.

Do one stick at a time. Pull up your end point adjustments on your radio. And dial in each stick to get the numbers
1000- 2000 when each stick is moved from left to right or top to bottom

Also make sure you calibrate your Accelerometer this can cause the green light to flash and sometimes not arm....

Hope this will help..
Craig....

Last edited:
Top Bottom