General will this motor work

Tony

Staff member
It should work, but is a little high on the kv rating. And I think it's a little light and short on power. I'm thinking something like This would work well with a 10x6 prop on the RCH Trainer.

Tony

Staff member
It says max 17a, so I think THIS ESC will work.

- - - Updated - - -

I have quite a few of those ESC's and they all work great on planes. Not so much on heli's.

Tony

Staff member
Good deal. I will put it this way, if I didn't have this Alpha 450 motor on my plane now, this is what I would be ordering. I think the 1000kv with a 10x6 prop would work great in that size motor. Let me know and if it works as good as I think it will, I will put the motor specs on the plans.

eric

I'll let you know and when I get it done i'll try to post a video of it. Oh by the way what lights did you use on your trainer.

Tony

Staff member
In the wing were 15,000mcd 5mm LED's wired in parallel and in the fuse was two 12" cold cathodes made for a computer case. All were run off a seperate 1300 3s battery. I still have that wing and I'm really thinking about covering it in vinyl to match just so I can do some night flying again.

eric

I really liked the way your trainer looked at night so i'm thinking of doing the same thing with my trainer. Thanks for all the info

Top Bottom