Batteries Will This Battery work for this motor

RandyDSok

I believe they were listing the max voltage... which would be 12.6v with a 3 cell pack at full charge of 4.2v per cell.

Being a bit more of a pragmatist, I'd prefer them to spec them at the constant values instead of max values ... for instance the max amps of 25a is unrealistic except for a few seconds at best... the most constant amp draw would make it easier to judge which component is best suited for a job. Of course it's about marketing and trying to make the product sound better/bigger than it really is.

RandyDSok

how can i get longer flight times? smaller motor? bigger battery? more cells?

Really it depends on the setup... if you are already running the recommended motor and battery for an airframe... then the general answer ( since no specifics were given )... is to try to keep your throttle backed off of full throttle and keep it at the 2/3's to 3/4 or less amounts.

A smaller motor may not give you enough power to fly... or require that you push it so hard that you end up using more amps... the more amps you use, the faster you drain your battery.

If your motor supports a higher voltage ( say going from a 3s to a 4s )... you'd need to decrease your prop's ( or rotor since you didn't say if it was an airplane or heli ) pitch or diameter so you don't over load it.

Bigger battery ( ie more MAH capacity )... also comes with a price... more weight which will affect the flight characteristics of the airframe.

Ultimately... to properly answer the question the specifics about the airframe ( specific model and it's details such as final weight ), the motor ( specific model ) and battery ( voltage and capacity ) all need to be considered so a good balance of power to weight can be selected.

Top Bottom