500 Will one satellite on Trex 470 work?

Hi all pilots,
Could any one give me an idea where is the best place to keep satellite on heli or it is better to use receiver. As the 470 size heli not much difference with the 450 size. Is this worth to spend more $ for the receiver which i plan to buy AR8000 DSMX.

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
It is going to depend on what gyro you are running. Let us know and we can help out further.

Tony

Staff member
In order to use a spektrum satellite you will need an adapter cable. I don't think one comes with the kit. If one does, then by all means, you can use one satellite, however two are better. Just don't fly too far away from yourself and make sure it is out in the open. I usually mount mine to the side of the frame, but with just one, you can mount it under the frame or on the front tail block.

The AR8000 is quite a large Rx, but if you want to use a standard Rx, you can do it that way. But I would get something like the 6010 or the like since they are about half the size. Not sure if bailout is available on only 6 channels though.

thank, i guess i just use only sat and micro beast plus now, but i dont know if i still can use bail out funtion without a standard RX

Tony

Staff member
Only one way to find out. I can't remember off the top of my head how many channels a satellite will allow you to use, but I know I have never run out of channels. I think you should be fine.

Smoggie

A sat will support whatever number of channels the Tx puts out, so no worries on that score.

If using a single sat I'd personally go with one of the Lemon Rx diversity sats. They are in effect two set receivers built into one, the sat automatically selects the antenna that's receiving the strongest signal. The standard Spektrum sats don't do this. I'm using these diversity says on my Trex 700X with no issues at all and will be using them on the goblin 700 speed I just bought too.

Last edited:
Thanks alot for all of your informations. I just finished build my 470 an hour ago and i attached the sat under the bottom plate. I guess that is the best place to put the sat. And i just have another question about the battery for this heli. The manual book recommends 6S 1800mah but it seem like all of The LHS around my area dont have that bat, there for I decided to have 2 3S batteries 1800mah instead and want to connect it in serial. This is my very first time i try to do this and i dont know is this better to using 2 3S than just one 6S. Any pros and cons for doing this beside i have to charge 2 times the 3S batteries instead of 1 time with the 6S.
Many thansk

Tony

Staff member
Using two 3s packs is going to be a little heavier, but should work just fine wiring them in series.

Tony

Staff member
Just know what wires you are connecting to. You will connect the red wire of one pack directly to the black wire of the other pack to wire them in series. That will leave the black wire on the first pack and the red wire on the second pack still available. Those are the two that you will plug into the ESC. It's just like I did on these PSU's that I built a while back except for batteries, I used server power supplies and instead of an ESC, it's my charger. Same principal though.

1000 Watt Power Supply Build Guide iCharger 306B EP Buddy Parallel Board Deans - YouTube

Top Bottom