Spektrum Wifi interference?

pvolcko

Maybe. Have read reports of it interfering with Blade 350QX GPS reception, but not Tx reception so far.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Interesting, recorded 146 fades on my 700 that never had a hold or fade before. Only difference is we put a Gopro inside. Dident notice anything during the flight. Will do some more testing on the ground. I don't see how it could but who knows...

pvolcko

Have you tried turning off the wifi reception in the gopro? The gopro itself shouldn't be causing issues. If it is the wifi signal doing it, then turning it off should give a simple A/B comparison and enable you to eliminate it or verify it.

BAdair

a friend of mine has a GP hero3, on Trex 450, dx7, ar9000 rx. flew with no wifi fine. Turned wifi on to watch on Iphone while flying and heli fell like esc cut out twice before he could get it back down and shut off wifi.
it was not any issues with the heli cause it worked fine before and still does now, and he video's without wifi on just fine.
Since he told me that I have been scared to try it on mine with wifi on.

RandyDSok

Interference on devices using the same frequency range... when in close proximity ( 2.4Ghz in this case ) can and do often cause interference even when they are on different channels within that frequency range.

Currently the 2.4Ghz frequencies are being commonly used by a wide range of devices... cell phones, cordless phones, WiFi, bluetooth, wireless keyboards/mice, wireless microphones and cameras and numerous other devices.

In addition, while not specifically in any specific radio frequency range... electric transformers, large and small electric motors ( oil rig derrick pumps, electric fans ) and many others also produce interference across broad bands of frequencies that can also interfere with your RC aircraft...

The closer the proximity to other potential sources of interference... the increase in the chances you'll see an "brownout" event caused by interference. How close the issue will show up ... depends on the signal strength of the device. A WiFi signal is going to be relatively strong in comparison to a wireless keyboard or mouse as an example.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
A little more info: the model is a Trex700E inside a Bell 206 fuselage. We mounted the camera inside the cockpit just below the Ar7200, maybe 3 inches away. Like I mentioned 146 fame loses but did not feel anything in flight but the DX9 girl report the loses so I landed and removed the Gopro. Cycle the system then flew again with zero hold or frame loses. We tried it on the ground waving the Gopro wifi on by the antenna and could watch the frame loses climb. Crazy

RandyDSok

There is nothing crazy about it... it is and always has been an issue.... just because you aren't familiar or experienced with it doesn't somehow make it odd

Top Bottom