Who | What | When | Where | Why

Tony

Staff member
This is a really simple thread to get to know everyone. In this thread, I want to know who you are, what you do for a living, when you got into RC, Where you fly, and why you enjoy doing it. See, simple...

Copy and paste the quote below...
Who:
What:
When:
Where:
Why:

Once you paste that into your reply, just fill in the information.

Who: Tony (Owner of Rc-Help.com)
What: I am a Private Investigator, Security Officer for the Oklahoma Military Dept., and a truck driver.
When: 1994
Where: My backyard when I can
Why: Cause it's fun to build something with your hands and see it fly. And it's a rush when you correct a mistake and avoid a crash.

So what are you waiting for. Let everyone know about you today. I want to get to know everyone on here!

Whirlybird

Who: Frank
What: Retired Union Painter, opera singer, jack of all trades (master of none)
When: Originally 1972-1985 (nitro years) . . . then . . . 2009 - present (electric years)
Where: At local parks
Why: Because it's fun and I love aircraft, especially the rotary kinds :)

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Who: Gaba
What: Helis and Planes
When: Any time.. Usually Sunday mon Tuesdays... ;)
Where: Greater Southwest aero modellers flying field. Grapevine Texas
Why: JUST LOVE THE SOUND AND THUMP OF BLADES, Engines.. and a rush everytime I try something new and survive! :) :)

zapster

Who:Scott
What:Independent Contractor
When:The Eighties "i think"
Where:A twenty acre field up the street and some other random parks.
Why:Because i,m still fascinated with anything that can travel through the air and enjoy the challenge and rush.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Who: Sam
What: Trucker, Steel hauler
When: Oridinally, Has A kid. Recentlly, 1 1/2 years ago
Where: Niagra Falls NY High School indoors during the winter. Resavaor Park, Niagra Falls, NY.
Why: Because I love Air planes and Helis! Lately I love building them too!

gravybird

who: Chris H.
what: Truck driver, Dad, and big kid all at the same time:)
when: two years ago got my first 3ch coax heli. Now I got a foamy trainer plane, and a 4ch coax heli, getting ready to move up to a collective pitch, and crash the heck out of it:)
where: in my living room for the heli, and the old abandoned school field about 100' from my front door for the plane when its not windy, but its always windy around here
why: Its a challenge! its fun! and its great to pass the time until the lakes thaw, and I can get back to scuba diving:)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
:secret2: Hey Gaba . . . "What" is "What do you do for a living" :lol:

Oops... I'll try again... (this is what happens when I'm 1/2 awake...) lol

Who: Gaba
What: Telecom Engineer , Samsung.. Setting up Sprint's Network all over US from my office.. ;)
When: weekends or anytime I get the itch... Mainly my days off...
Where: greater southwest aero modellers (www.flygsw.com) Grapevine TX
Why : Love the thump of blades and sound of the engines.. And the rush when I try something new and survive... ;) and of course building and fixing and building and fixing and building and fixing.. Lol ;)

llommel

Who: Lloyd
What: Retired Machinst & welder
When: Oct, 2011
Where: In my shop, my son's field, local baseball park
Why: Always wanted to fly things, love to build & repair anything, have my own machine shop & wood shop.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Who: Tommy
What: I've been working with the same company for over 17 years as a Post Sales Data Support Engineer and the Internal Data Systems Administrator.
When: About a year ago.
Where: Where ever and When Ever I can.
Why: I love building things and using my hands to relax,

Hello, My name is Tommy and I'm a RC addict.....................

Lee

Who: Lee
What: Beach Bum
When: 1.5 years ago got a 450 heli and that was the start of my addiction
Where: All over the world
Why: I love to build things and like to challenge myself.

64impala

John
Contract security
1990 or so
I fly in a field across the street
Like most of you I like the chalenge and love to build things.
Now if I can only find my xacto and packing tape....

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Who: Travis Altman
What: High School Freshman (Want to be a cop)
When: July 2009
Where: Claveland RC Club and backyard
Why: I just think it is awesome seeing advanced machines fly throw the air and land safely.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Gaba, You work for my favorite electronics company. Just about all of my electronics are Samsung. I too work in the Telecom Industry.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Gaba, You work for my favorite electronics company. Just about all of my electronics are Samsung. I too work in the Telecom Industry.

Really! wow!

Not wanting to take over the thread. but I am pretty happy with the technology too. I work as a full time employee for a company that is a contractor of Samsung. I love the Samsung technology and dedication, just this company that I am with is ghosh awful! lol.. But thats awesome that you are in the telecom industry too. You probably would like to know that Samsung is not competing HEAD TO HEAD with HUAWEI , Ericsson and Nokia Siemnes network and they came from being some where in the tens in ranking.. to first 3.. All due to the new technology they developed for Sprint's project called "network Vision" .. its pretty cool! :)

What do you work on ?

murankar

Staff member
Who: Mattthias
What: Well just a plain ol' Soldier, Husband and father (all of which are work)
When: About 3 years ago
Where: Anywhere that has low concentrations of people that like to interrupt me with questions.
Why: Addicted I guess. I got started on an Air hog and enjoyed since.

Marc

Who: Marc
What: I work for SPAWARSYSCOM as an information systems engineer.
When: 1990 Nitro planes, 2008 Electic planes, 2012 the Helio bug bit.
Where: Either at the local park with the slow fliers or at a club flying field with the fast boys.
Why: I enjoy building things mechanical and electrical especially when it takes me learning new things to do it.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Who: Paul
What: Staff Officer for the US Government (specializing in techie stuff and putting out fires)
When: Not for a while now (life gets in the way) ... still need some tweaking on my 450GT build to get it right
Where: On the drive way
Why: Like so many others, I am a mechanic junkie and these little guys are the epitome of being a mechanic! Lots of fun :D

Top Bottom