• No

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I will now that I know it's there.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
When I updated the forum to 4.2, they included a new feature called Activity Stream. I myself don't really like it but I have always come into the forum via a bookmark going to my Settings page to read all of my subscribed threads first, then I would click on What's New and check out all of the new posts. That's how I have done it since VB4 came out and the What's new button showed up. Before that, I always clicked on the New Posts button, same effect.

So I want to know who uses the Activity Stream. For those that don't know what it is, click on the link below. The default used to be when you clicked on What's New after the 4.2 upgrade, it would go to the Activity Stream. But I had to change that lol.

Check out this link and let me know what you think.
Activity Stream - RC-Help Forum

murankar

Staff member
On the phone it looks like it might be quicker to see what posts you want to read first. It shows a brief introduction to the post so you can figure out if it is somehting you want to read more of or elaborate further on. To be honest I never saw this before but then again this is my first forum that I have been this active on.

When I was active on Linuxquestions.org they introduced LQ spy that would scroll down in real time as posts were made. So instead of hunting down your post all you had to do was watch lq spy for your post to scroll by. I just checked and you have to be logged in to see that option in action.

P.S. this did not show up as a pole on my phone, if it did I must have missed it.

Tony

Staff member
Oh I will never do away with it as long as it's in the software. I just never used it and was wondering who all does.

Top Bottom