Who Is A Car Junkie?

Tony

Staff member
No, I'm not talking about toy cars, or Rc cars, I'm talking real cars. I myself am a Staff member over on The Z28 Forums - The Front Page and I have to say that I have had a lot of fun over there since I joined in 04. I joined shortly after purchasing my first Camaro. A Black 1995 Z28. I ended up wearing that car out, sold it for $5 less than I paid for it, and purchased a 2001 Pontiac TransAm WS6. I ended up selling that cause of family, and getting a 2004 Suburban. Well, I hated that, and things happened, and we sold that. Then, I purchased my 1996 Z28 and never looked back. I have over 160K on the clock, and she is showing signs of being tired. I'm going to have to rebuild the motor pretty soon. Maybe as soon as next year. If it lasts that long.

So, I want to know who is into cars. Not just Camaro's, but Mustang, even you ricer boys :biggrin1:. If you like cars, I want to know. I have something in the works that I think you all will really like.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
You know I'm in the crowd. Actually, Tony and I met over on Z28.com after I purchased my first Camaro back in '06. It was a 1993 Z28, which led to a second 93 Z28, which I traded for my current '94 Z28. It started for me with a '72 Chevy Chevelle 4-door sleeper. I burnt the engine up in it (wore it out), then dropped a 402 BBC/TH400 out of a '72 Monte Carlo in it. The Big Block is what made it a sleeper ... nobody had a clue. They just thought I had a loud exhaust. In January '88, I wrecked my '72. A buddy of mine found me a '68 Chevelle for $400. It was in rough shape and was only the body. It turned out later it was orignally an SS396. Over a four day period, me and my buddy pulled out all the working parts (and some others) from my '72 and transplanted them into the '68. There wasn't a part of the car we didn't touch except body work ... everything mechanical was worked over one way or another. I had the '68 for several years, but unfortunately had to sell it in '90 when I was getting reassigned to Germany while in the Army. I wasn't able to get something else until I picked up my Camaro. 16 years is a long dry spell without a project car. Other than that, I've been a car guy all my life. Too bad it's soooooo expensive of a hobby. I'm in the process of selling my Camaro ... gunna miss it, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm hoping in the next couple of years to be able to purchase a brand new Camaro ... hopefully a ZL1 model. That may just be a pipe dream though.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well I started out my driving life with A 64 ford Fairlane. It had a 289 engine. It was formerly A race car before I bought it. I was 16. Hmmm got me in lots of trouble with the man. LOL Had to sell it to pay for all the tickets! Then I bought a 66 Cutlass supreme convertible. It was a screamer. I could lay down some serious rubber with her! Needed A paint job so I sold her and bought my best car that I ever owned. A 68 Plymouth Road Runner. It had A 383 4 speed. 4/11 posi. At the end I was at 500 plus hp. I even beet a few stock 426 hemi's with her. I can say that I was never beat in a street race. Finally I was getting into 4 wheel drive racing. Put a 460 in A 78 f-250. Did pretty well in the mud races with her. Finally my last car was a 88 thunderbird turbo coop. That little 4 banger would surprise you believe me! LOL. Anyway I have been away from cars for long time now. Between the RC models, my boat, wave runner, and motor cycle who has time for anything eltz! I do want and am looking for a deal on a 2002 Trans Am WS6 or Firehawk. Just got to get my credit straightened out. Someday LOL :semi-twins:

Last edited:

Lee

Cars, bikes, anything that goes fast :D As a travelling Hobo, i dont get the chance to buy many. Fastest car i had was a company Golf VR6 restricted to 165MPH. Had a Custom Toyota Hilux sponsored by Toyota. Nissan Patrol, great off roader. A VW combi van, and my favourite ride of all..... a GSXR 1000 Suzuki all black. Took that to 250KPH (155MPH) in Switzerland before i chickened out. Now i have no vehicles.

Keith

My oldest boy is into all that.. He has had cars featured in magazines... He recently bought TWO Pontiac rustbuckets... Fifties models... One of them even had electric windows and seats back then... The best car I ever had was a 'Subaru RS Turbo', Forerunner to the WRX, but in a Liberty body... Took it to 215 KMH, nearly 130 MPH... Not bad for a 1.9 litre engine... The only reason I got rid of it was because the electronics started playing up and it would accelerate on its own.. I have always bought new cars and change them every two years... I kept that one for five as there was nothing better... I now drive a Toyota Kluger SUV....

Top Bottom