Quad Whirlybird turns Quadybird :)

Tony

Staff member
Looks like it was either in very low rate mode, or has a crapload of expo. Either way, it's great to see you back in the air bro. Hope to see many more videos from you in the near future. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Tony

Staff member
Whip out the plastic big boy and I will fly it till the props fall off hahahahaaha

Lee

Looks great Frank,
They fly really well.
@Tony When you first turn the TX on its set to Beginner mode with tonnes of expo. I think mine is slightly different in that you can set the travel to 20% 40% 60% 100%. I fly at 60%, 100% is only for flipping. If you try to fly in wind with 100% it will just continuously try to flip.
Wish we had a teleporter so we could all fly together. :D

Whirlybird

This has 2 rates . . . High &Low . . . I was in Low. It's interesting, and Dave Herbert mentions this, the instructions call it Mode 1 with elevator & aileron on the right stick and throttle & rudder on the left, and Mode 2 vice versa. The guy who wrote the manual was drinking the same tea as the guy who assembled it :lol: You are supposed to be able to switch modes by just pressing a button, but that does not work. I don't know what they mean by that because left stick would need spring added and right stick one removed . . . All they mention is to "push button A (which is the aileron trim tab) to the right, to change mode". Once again it's that chinese tea at work :yikes:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
That's not a problem Sam. Not only do I NOT have the money for the quad, but I don't even have the money for the shipping. I'm broke as a joke.

Top Bottom