600 Which to get 600 or 700 Align

bbj

I am thinking of getting another heli to allow both of us flying time and to allow for a crash with still the ability to fly. Currently I have an Align 500pro dfc. I have been looking into the Align 600E Pro and the 600L dominator but was also looking at the 700E Pro and the 700L dominator. The question is which would be the better buy. I have heard the 600 tail gears are not as good as on the 700 allowing tail performance issues but not sure if this is correct. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

murankar

Staff member
All of the aligns should be on black gears now. So I wouldn't worry to much about that. Now if the gear ratios are jacked then there could be an issue.

If I was going to go the 600 route I would go with a synergy 550. Thus kit can stretch to 600 and 700.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Admiral

Just a thought, I usually go with a second helicopter the same as the first or at least one that can share parts. That way less parts on hand and if you prang both you can usually cannibalise one to get the other flying again.

bbj

Decided on the trex 550L Dominator instead of the 600 or 700 for 2 reasons. The 600 has bad tail ratios from what I heard and it also needs as does the 700 a pair of batteries per flight. The 550 only requires a single battery thus will be cheaper to fly. Maybe someday I will move to a 700 but that's quite a ways off at this moment.

Derek

I'd just like to say that I have the Trex 600 Pro DFC and I love it. The tail is super solid and it's an awesome flyer. However, your reasoning to buy the 550L makes very good sense. I fly my 600 with two 6S packs. You will need just one pack per flight and I promise you, you will have loads of power and awesome performance with your 550L. Good luck and have fun with it!!!

Slobberdog

As Derek has said above about pack sharing, if you now wanted to go bigger, the 700 size shares two packs from the 550L so you don't have to get another different set of batteries again

Top Bottom