Which is Better. Opinions wanted

treff

Before I part with my hard earned for the second time I would like opinion on which is the better between
Phoenix and Heli-x flight simulators. Just those two. I have had Heli-x for a long time, the free version and think
it not to bad. I also have had a very quick go on Phoenix and thought it was not very good to be honest. Helicopters
did not seen to behave like the real thing. So if you can give be opinion on both of these I would be most grateful.
Cheers and hope the sun is shinning where ever you maybe.

murankar

Staff member
Between those two: Phoenix hands down. Now if you would have said real flight and Phoenix I would pick real flight.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

treff

Thanks murankar appreciate your input. Can't afford RF unfortuately so just between those two. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Yup, get Phoenix. Heli-X is a mac only simulator, and Phoenix is windows. This will also be a determining factor. But with Phoenix, you can get online with us and we can walk you through some learning steps and such.

treff

Thanks Tony. Heli-x works on both mac and pc. I have used the free version for over a year now but getting fed up of flying same helis LOL. With the weather so bad here there is not much chance
of flying out side and looking on tv east coast of the US is also getting very bad weather. RF sim is to expensive but flying with others looks a lot of fun. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Roger that. Yeah, get Phoenix. You will love it. And, free updates for life unlike RF.

murankar

Staff member
I am not sure how much Phoenix is but real flight is $129 USD. At least that's what I paid and I can use my own tx.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, RF7 is cheaper than 6.5 was because it no longer comes with a Tx. Or that is what I have heard anyway. Don't have it so I don't know for sure.

murankar

Staff member
Yes it does not come with a tx. You can use any tx with a Futaba or Specktrum trainer port.

Lee

I used Heli-X for a long time before getting Phoenix.
I feel that the helis in Heli-X do react more realistically.
But I still prefer Phoenix, for the fact it has.
More variety of helis.
Online game play that a lot more people participate in.
And the options of flying plane too.

treff

Thanks guys for all the replies. As they used to say on that old US comedy program "Very interesting" said with a German accent LOL, Cheers

Top Bottom