Projects Which Heli next???

Lee

Well pending payment, my 600 is sold.
So what next???
I'm keen on a 700 size, but the price to kit it out with electronics is scaring me a little.
I do have a deal on a Gobby 700 at our LHS
Another option would be the big brother of the Warp, the new 6HV Ultimate. But it look to similar to the warp.
Or the 7HV. it's an amazing heli, but i find it a little boring to look at.
Theres the new Goblin 570??? really wanted to go up to the big boys class and experience the 700 size though.
Decisions decisions.
Help me out. Give me some options
What ever i get, its not going in the air any time soon. I will be saving money through the summer a little at a time to pay for the electrics.

cml001

I feel ur pain on the saving end! To make it worse I have the align 550pro dfc on the bottom shelf of my desk... Un opened... It's killing me! A buddy of mine has the 7hv... It's pretty sweet. Honestly tho I think a synergy would be my next pic... I was gonna get the n5e but opted for the align 550 instead... I like the synergy & the goblins..

Slobberdog

The gobby's look the business Lee, but if you want something diff what about the protos max, I do like the look of that.

Lee

$1200 for the kit is a bit out of my range.
Looking at the price of batteries for 700s, I'm having second thoughts :(

cml001

Lol... Kinda y I went w the align 550... It does take. 5000-5500 6s... But just 1.. 12s set ups r expensive yes.. U thought about goin nitro?

murankar

Staff member
There is the whiplash that is becoming affordable.

You could look at the turkey leg 670 which I think can go 710mm on the mains.

I just found a 700 turkey leg for $1210.48 with 2 pulse packs. 1190 with an ikon or 989.07 with 3 bk cyclic servos.

Also found a KDS 7.2 premium combo with everything For 2500 USD, out of stock.

All prices USD.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

Lee

I'm leaning towards the Gobbie 570.
Reason is, I can get the 700 or the 570 frames for the same price. But then you need the Electrics.
I can fit the 700 out with cheaper gear or the 570 with top end gear.
I think i prefer the 570 with top gear on it. i.e. BK servos instead of Align DS615. Scorpion motor over SK motor from HK. CC edge ESC over a YEP.
And the expense of batteries.
Last but not least, is the space in my new apartment.
So brand new model just out with all the upgraded designs (570)
Or original 700
choices choices???

pvolcko

Not to mention cool factor of getting one of the new 570 vs the 700 that are already out there and popular.

I've found myself actually considering the black and gray color scheme on the 570, if I were going to get one of the new 570s at all. Very different look. Might get lost in the clouds, though.

Lee

Yeh i don't think the grey would be practical.
Its 6S or 12S. I watched Kyle Stacy flying it on 6S. Tonnes of power.
I don't think you need 12S unless you are Tareq or Bert LOL :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom