JR Which Forum Should I Post To Regarding Help With A Jr Xp8103?

David Grubb

JR/Spectrum support says my old JR converted to Spectrum long ago would work with a Goblin Fireball Heli. Three experienced IT engineers, including myself could not figure out its programming for a fly bar less Heli. So, was I given some bad advice from Spectrum, or can someone here help with it? I would love to see the Fireball in action, but having much difficulty and the new guys at my club have mostly never seen a fly bar heli like I used to have a T-Rex, and some were toddlers when the JR was built. Funny how technology changes so rapidly. But I sold the old T-Rex for parts due to its age and newer technology desires. Thanks in advance. I looked under the Electronics Forum but never saw a Radio forum. I am likely sure this is not the correct place to post, but just joined the site today after yesterdays disappointment. I was directed here for help. Thanks in advance for anything you can direct me to and the proper place to post. Happy flying. dlg

PS: Yes everyone thinks I need a new radio and that may be true, they are certainly much easier to program I admit, but on SS benefits so have to watch every dollar spent as some can relate to. Have a great day.

murankar

Staff member
Ican't figure out out how to move. A post on my phone.

As for the radio and fbl unit. What fbl unit are you working with? That will determine what you need in the radio. First off you still need a 6 channel or better radio.

The BeastX would be the easiest to program with that radio. For starters all trims need to be at center. And really all you would need for the most part are the pitch/throttle curves, servo travel, possible servo direction and I think that's it. If Tony is still around he can add anything I missed. I am not sure about dual rates and expo. If so they work as they did before.

The fbl unit is going to take care of a lot of stuff for you. Making most of the radio not needed. Now you might want a couple flight modes so a switch or two would be needed.
On that radio I don't know if you can program the switches if there are any. I would guess there is.

For starters you will need a 0-100 pitch curve, and a throttle lock or safety switch set. Then you can work the basic set up.

Admiral

How far have you got, ie. do you have the Tx talking to the Rx ? Are you using a full Rx or just a Satellite Rx ?, What FC are you trying to use ? and is your Spektrum module DSM2 or DSMX ?

Your all IT people, just think of the forum like working on an IT Help desk without remote access when the user at the other ends most helpful comment is it's broken. The more information we get the easier it is to help.

As for the new TX, my son is still using his JR with a DSM2 module to fly his planes and some of them are worth thousands, as far as he is concerned my DX9 is crap compared to his JR, that his opinion not mine. LOL

Top Bottom