600 Which fly barless to use

pj1969

I'm thinking of changing my Trex 600 into a fly barless bird, just wondered which system was best and affordable to use?? I was thinking the ALIGN DFC with 3gx or a beastx clone my friend told me about, which he has and is very good. Thoughts please

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, I have not had much luck with the 3GX in my nitro, but had great luck with it in an electric 450. I will be able to inform you about the AR7200BX this week when I put it on my nitro. Ikon has a self level feature that can come in handy if you lose orientation. It will level out the heli, but you will still have to control the collective and tail.

pj1969

Yeah, so many have told me that the 3gx isn't as good as its made out to be, I really are unsure. Be interesting to see how you get on with the spektrum, that may be a contender.
I was looking at your charger problems too mate, that's what's happened to mine, did you fix it??. I took it apart like you suggested, and there are a couple of burn marks on one of the tracks, I'm getting the same err message as you. Was thinking to bridge with wire, did it work??

Lee

Most of the FBL units do a good job of controlling the heli. It just depends on what extra features you want and how much you can spend.
The Tarot, 3GX are good basic units. The beastX and Ikon are the next level up. Then you have the V-bar and Bavarian Demon HC3X which are fully loaded with features and also have the price tag to go with them.
If the BeastX clone you are talking about is the Robird, thats a good unit too.
It will also depend on if you want to mess around with a computer or not. The Beastx doesn't need one. Its all set up through the LEDs on the unit, and very easy.
I have the BeastX and the Ikon, and i love them both. If i was splash with cash, i'd like to try the Bavarain Demon.
There are many others out there that i haven't mention, that work just as well.
MSH Brain, Compass Tracx (both the same as IKON) KDS E-bar, Spartan Vortex and many more.

Tony

Staff member
If you get the 7200bx, you will like it. I was with Callsign4223 today and he flew 4 packs through his and it was dead stable. This is on an electric Align 450 Pro V2. Perfectly dialed in.

As for the charger, I cut away the traces that burnt up and wired them by hand and everything is working just fine. It was caused when I had the battery wire plugged into the main wire (deans plug) and had the balance plug still plugged in. I pulled out the banana plugs that are in the side of the charger and it shorted against the case. Anodizing is a great conductor when it's thin, and they do things as cheap as possible, so you know it's thin on these. But, that slight touch burnt the traces right up.

Post a picture in my battery charger thread of your traces, as close as possible and in focus, and I will help you out in retracing it with small wire.

pj1969

Will do mate, I'm back in the UK Wednesday so do it then. Seems a shame to bin it when it charges my big packs. I got a 100% refund on it, so it's a freebie if I can get that connector working again. Right off to the pool for dip now. Catch you later mate :onthego:

Top Bottom