Batteries Which battery 25Cor 30C

Kenny G

Hi all, thinking of getting regular Turnigy batteries, not Nanos' for my T-rex 450 Sport, just put the combo kit together; which would you recommend? The 25c or the 30c, only couple dollars different at HK, just learning to hover as soon as the weather breaks in PA. Don't want to get a lot in batteries, till skills level goes up. Thanks!! in advance for your advise and help. Enjoy the all threads! Keep up the good work! Kenny G.

Tony

Staff member
Get the highest C rating that you can afford. The higher the C rating, the higher the draw you can pull from them. I have a few videos on this subject if you would like to watch them. Just search the RcHelpDotCom YouTube channel for "Lipo Batteries Explained", Matching Motor, Battery & ESC" and I'm sure there is another one, I just can't think of the name right off hand. It's a Monday, brain not working.

Kenny G

Know what you about brain not working! forget to mention it 's an align 450MX motor. from the video's I think I'm catching on maybe, here goes 2200mah if I use 25c =55amp continuous draw, 30C= 66amp, and 35C =77amp. Motor by the formula would = 500watt * 11.1v= 45amp! Sorry for all the amp readings, it's Monday. so I could go 35C and 77amp and not hurt anything. difference in weight is 10g and length 5/16 inch.

Top Bottom