General Which balance charger

Hey guys , thought I would ask even though I'm kinda swaying towards the Thunder AC6 balance charger , but I was advised to get the IMAX B6AC charger but it seems to have some bad reviews , I'm gonna be charging my 3s1p 11.1v 2200 mah and my 6s1p 22.2v 12.50 mah , didn't want to go mad and spend a hole heep of money and thought that $60 ain't bad for a capable balance charger/discharged , appreciate any feed back thanks guys

Tony

Staff member
Andy, if you are wanting a 50w charger, I will sell you my B6AC. PM me if you are interested.

The issue is going to be charging that big 6s pack. You will only be able to charge at 2.2 amps, and 4.4 amps on the 3s. IMO, I would spend the cash and get at least the iCharger 206. It can charge up to 20 amps and is a 300w charger. I'm running the 306 and I have charged 9 3x batteries at once on it at 30 amps. Just an awesome charger. You will need to get a power supply, but if you get the 206, you only need one of them. If you get the 306, you will need two of the ones that Gaba and I show how to build.

Ok Tony I just looked at 206 and with power is like $220 , the downside of using the B6AC and only charging at 2.2 and 4.4 is going to be the charge time I take it ? So I'm just trying to get by for now and will upgrade in a couple of months but if I went for the B6AC how long would it take to charge the 6s and the 3s? Thanks dude

Tony

Staff member
Actually, you can build a 500w power supply for about $25. Saving you a LOT of money right there.

As I stated, I have the SkyCharger B6AC and it's been a great charger. There are negatives on teh ac6 and b6ac both. They use the exact same program in each of them, they are just rebranded. They are virtually the same charger. If you want the b6ac cheaper than you can get it new, PM me, we will make a deal. I still use mine, I just have the 306 and don't use the b6ac that often. And I need the cash to start another project lol.

Ok Tony I will pm u when I get home , that sounds good thanks but roughly how long to charge my 3s and 6s ? I appriciate it thanks again dude

- - - Updated - - -

And the B6AC has got to be better and faster than my walkera GA005 charger surly lol

Tony

Staff member
Sorry about that, forgot all about answering that part lmao.

On a 2200 3s at 1c charge rate, you are looking at about 45 minutes from completely flat. You can knock this down to about 20-25 minutes if you max that charger out which is a 2c charge rate on this charger.

A 6s pack will take aprox double the time to charge than a 3s. Depending on mah that is. But remember, you can only go to a max of 2.2 amps on 6s. Hope this helps.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Tony, I regularly charge mine at 5amps on the BA6C. I have had one charger fail, but I now have two the same and they work well:)

Tony

Staff member
If you are charging 3s or more, look at the actual amps. You can set it to 5 amps, but it will be lower. Remember, there is a MAX of 50w. So if you are charging a 3s, which is 11.1, that would be 50/11.1=4.5045a. If you are doing a 6s, then it's 50/22.2=2.2522a. Yeah, I know, another math lesson lmao

murankar

Staff member
It takes my thunder power b6ac almost 40 minutes to charge a 3s 2200 at chargers max. Your 6s will take longer.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks URI, it's been so long since i charged anything on that charger, I couldn't remember lmao. Now, I'm charging a 2200 in about 10 minutes. Actually, I"m charging 6 of them in about 20 minutes lmao. :yahoo:

murankar

Staff member
It been awhile for me too, just different reasons. That's one thing right now that I have nor forgotten. Also I was replacing about 75 to 80% of my mah. That will also make a difference in charge Times.

One thing to note: If at all possible try not to storage charge a full 2200 3s pack on it. Try to use most of the power first then storage charge them. That charger is painfully slow and its more fun to use the power.

murankar

Staff member
In all honesty I hope so. The b6ac is to basic. If I had the cash I would go with the one you chose. The icharger is the best bang for the dollar.

Top Bottom