600 Whew - That was close! - ALMOST SMACKED DOWN!!!!

Westy

LEGEND
3 inches from total annihilation!!!! and I managed to Recover it at full throttle .... it was coming down fast ... and I mean Fast!

I was practicing tic tocs and it went all totally wrong!!!!! ....

I did manage to issolate a small issue though as the tail was walking a little under high load and that was throwing the heli off axis and making it go al wonky!

Man ..... Why oh Why can't I just be happy with flying circuits!

I ended up increasing my gain to stabalise my tail at high load and it is a lot nicer to me now .... but what a potentially expensive lesson that could have been .... I mean you could hear the THWACK ..... THWACK .... as the air belted into the ground to get air borne! .... My heart was in my mouth..... no vids ... as you guys must be getting bored with my vids ....

on the bright side ... I can say that my piro circuits have improved heaps and my tic tocs are now 33% better than I ever had them ... I can now do 3 in succession and they look pretty and fast too .... but then I chicken out! ... maintaining height too!

:anonymous:

canongraphy

Hey if its not on video it didn't happen! LMAO
But if it did happen...glad you saved it....but we will never know!

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
he heh I hear ya .... just thought it was a waste of time to film it .... every one has seen a heli on film ... P:) ♫♪♪♫

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's when you are NOT filming that things happen. glad you saved it. Just look at the RCH Heli. Filming, had some vibrations. Not filming, muffler almost goes into the blades, engine leans out and rev's WAY up and I have to almost pile drive it into the ground just to save the engine. lol.

xokia

Man ..... Why oh Why can't I just be happy with flying circuits!
I say this all the time lol.

Sometimes I have to force myself to fly circuits. I get lazy and just want to do 3D stuff. For me anyway I am amazed at how much just flying circuits will improve my 3D flight.

Glad you saved it.

Top Bottom