450 where to buy parts?

so I have been looking online, and searching for a local hobby shop to order parts through... so far the only one I have nearby that even has some decent parts in stock is ray robbins in Falmouth, ME.. it's at least a 1.75hr drive there, and another 1.75 hr drive back... so I guess I am really limited to online suppliers.. any recommendations? I've dealt with amainhobbies, and they are relatively fast... took about a week for the transmitter to show up. Hobbyking has great prices, but it's been a week already, and they just sent confirmation that my order was just shipped today (ordered last Wednesday 7th) from Singapore. so I don't expect it to be here for another 1-2 weeks.

I just think it would suck to crash the heli, and have to wait 3-4 weeks to order from HK every time.. and have 4-5 weeks of downtime. especially if I break somthing like the tail boom, servos, motor, or gears.. I do plan to order replacement parts, and possibly order a 2nd HK450 GT PRO for parts. as well as a few upgrades. So that I can have a few spare parts on hand.

any online dealer that has decent prices, and free shipping, or inexpensive shipping would be great. Thanks!

murankar

Staff member
depends on the brand you want. I am in korea and had orders in as little as 5 days from order date. if it is align stuff look at horizon hobbbies, had their stuff in about a week and a half same with xheli/hobbiebartz.

Tony

Staff member
If you are replacing Align parts, I always used ReadyHeli.com and have had great luck with them. Never an issue, and always fast cheap shipping. TowerHobbies.com is another one. I ordered my Edge 540 from them, and with them being the largest Rc dealer in the states, you know you are going to get your product. But, readyheli is where I always went for Align parts. They have a lot of other parts and kits as well. Check them out and let me know.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Heli parts I get from Experiancerc.com. They are in Detroit. They have everything for align. If your ordering from HK. Check the us warehouse first. Takes about a month to 5 weeks for china.

well I hope it's faster than 5 weeks for my HK 450GT.... arrgghh already have the radio.. they just shiipped my HK this morning...

Tony

Staff member
readyheli, helidirect, towerhobbies, any of them will be faster than hobbyking. Their shipping sucks if you order from hongkong. If you order from the USA warehouse, it's not as bad. Usually ship it priority mail.

just tracked it.. it's in San Francisco going through customs. hope they send it out tomorrow.. I would like to get it before this weekend.. I have Saturday, and sunday morning till 4pm off work.

wolfman76

fastest i ever got anything from hobbyking was like 3 weeks and that was from singapore too...i got stuff from towerhobbies in like 2-3 days ordered robart strut and wheels for my nitroplanes p-51d mustang but i live bout hour from their illinois warehouse to though lol... when i ordered my hk500gt from hobbyking i got it in less then a month. thought that was cool that day was like it was my birthday...lol I'll see how fast readyheli heli is ordered parts for the 500 day or 2 ago if i rem right said it was already shipped too...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I would try tmkarc1hobby.com they stock cheap but awesome tarot parts for the 450.. And they are in Texas! Shipping is fast.

Tony

Staff member
I ordered my batteries on March 28th. I have yet to receive them, and today marks two weeks. Sucks cause I can't fly my mcpx without them...

Lee

I placed $190 order with them Gaba but it fell through cause they had an issue with paypal to my address in Europe???? Nobody else has. Might ask you to do me a favour and buy some of those to send to me some time in May if its possible. Got my Black Widow FBL head from RC Aerodyne yesterday :D So my 600 head parts are all waiting for me. :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
i wouldnt mind.. try allerc.. i know they have 550's.. the shipping from here for batteries will be big.. i will go to USPS and check the rates for you.. :)

murankar

Staff member
I have been using the ProtekRc 550 25C batteries from amainhobbies.com on my 120sr. they seem to be doing really well. I average about 6 to 7 minutes. I know on the mcpx you might get about 3 to 5 minutes on them. I have not had heat issues as of yet. They also take about 45 minutes to charge on my AC6 charger. These batteries are a bit more in cost, not sure how that affects quality in the end.

Top Bottom