Quad Where should I start)

My son recently quit a love of his (RC helis) when he lost his hand last New Year's Eve. He came over today and had no problem flying my wife's little blade quad. I would like to surprise him at Christmas with his own new BAD quad but I really no nothing about them. He's had a lot of enjoyment building from kits but I'm thinking something rtf my be best now. My budget for this will be $300/$500. I KNOW he's going to want to load his gopro on it and possibly do that fpv stuff lol. SO... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lee

Hi there,
Might i suggest looking at either the DJI Phantom or the Blade 350QX. They are both RTF, built for the Gopro, have all the latest gadgetry built in, like GPS, Return to home features etc.
I would like to get one of these for myself, but I already have a QAV500 which is a great machine, but probably not the best as a first quad.
Let me know what you think, and any questions on these or other multi rotors.

Lee

If you already have a Spectrum radio, its definitely the best option. Let us know how it is. i'm dying to give one a go. They have one at our local hobby shop.

pvolcko

I'd second the 350QX. From what I'm hearing it has a few more features and does more advanced flight modes if he wants to get into some sport/aerobatic flight with it. They have BNF and RTF versions.

Top Bottom