Batteries Where do you buy your batteries?

I typically get mine from the Hobby King USA sites however I have 2 sitting on back order
and they have no idea when they will arrive.
So as the title states, where do most of you go to get batteries?
Now in saying this I am hoping to try to avoid over seas shipping
and hope some of you can give me a few state side locations :)
In short I am looking for 1500 3S 25C to 35C sized batteries.

Yea. That gives me one place to start looking.
I have a 1350, 1500 and an 1800.
Looking to try to keep weight and length down as much as possible in order
to keep a good balance point on the quad.
My Zippy 1500 and 1800 are on the long side.
My E-Flight 1350 is shorter.
The batteries I have on back order are 1500's that are just a hair or two
larger than my 1350.

I guess another thing on my mind is Brands.
Any input?
I have some Zippys and E-Flights and I see the Glaciers that SD just showed me.
I know it is all an experience thing but is there a brand(s) I should STAY AWAY from?

Derek

Hi there, clayton! For the longest time, I was ordering the blue Turnigy's and the Nanotechs. However, the problem is that, quite often, the packs that I want from HK are out of stock. I've began to buy the Glacier packs from BuddyRC. I have some 6S packs for my 600. I have some 3S 2200's for some of my scratch built planes. I also just received my order of 3S 1550mah 30C packs, the same that Kev listed above. I'm probably going to continue to buy the Glacier packs because their prices are penny's more than HK, BuddyRC's customer service has been exceptional when I call them, and they are based in Ohio. I am in NE Indiana, so the shipping times are very very good. I placed an order for packs last Wednesday morning. My packs were here Friday afternoon.

Derek

Ive read a lot of positive reviews about the Glacier packs. I've not heard one person talk bad about them. They come balanced, they stay balanced, they don't seem to get very warm at all, the shipping is awesome, customer service is great, and.........BuddyRC is just a hop, skip, and a jump from you. I just don't see the down side, lol

Man what a PAIN.
I tried to cancel my order with HK to get the Glaciers from Buddy RC
It seems that you cannot get your money back if cancelling an order that has been paid.
Instead they only give you Bonus Points for credit.
I spent 45 minutes on a chat, the lady said sure we can do that...
End result the system will not allow her to refund my money.
She stated she sent an email to the warehouse team and her manager....
So be fore-warned unless it is in stock at HK don't pay for it you may not get your money back. :/
Man that errks me....

I went ahead and ordered 2 of the 1300 Glaciers from Buddy just to get some in.
Who knows what the end result will be with HK :(

I read the reviews on the site for the Glaciers, seems as if they are a good choice.

Tony

Staff member
There are some issues with HK, but because of how large they are and their worldwide reach, they have some of the best prices around on batteries, even though they have all fo those restrictions on shipping them. You will like the Glaciers, I can assure you that. The only thing I don't like about them is the color lmao.

Derek

I ordered a speed control, once, from HK. I clicked on "Pay Now" and the order was complete. I then realized that the speed control wasn't the one that I wanted at all. It was a complete brain fart, on my part. I spoke with HK chat and they said that they would cancel my order and refund my money within 48 hours. I was ok with that. So, I went and ordered the speed control that I wanted. A couple of days go by and I get an email from HK saying that my initial speed control had been shipped. About an hour later, I get another email saying that my second speed control had been shipped. What!!! I was pretty mad! 3 days later, both speed controls show up at my door. ugh! I couldn't believe it!

Fortunately, I did find a use for the first speed control...so it wasn't a total loss....just an inconvenience.

Anyway....enjoy the Glacier packs! OH, something else about the Glacier's that I like...they come with a hard clear plastic cover on the balance lead that makes it very nice and easy to disconnect from the balance board. You'll like it because it gives you something to hold on to. Very nice!

murankar

Staff member
I don't have one vendor I use. My gens ace I have I got from hobby parts. My pulse I got from Helidirect.

I have heard that the packs from revolectricx are great. Also I heard the spider packs from progressive RC are great.

Milage on packs will very from batch to batch. FYI I heard that the gens ace went to crap. Again milage may very.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

bbj

I also buy the Glacier batteries for extremely fast delivery, good service and excellent packaging. The price is also a good factor for my buying these. Another good point is they come in the terminals I want which are the EC3 or EC5 and not the Turnigy bullets. I just wish they had a few more options on msh and C but can work with what they have.

BBJ
True on the C rating.
I wanted to get the 1550's but I was trying to cut down on length and weight.
Since he is local to me I will see how the 1300's do and possibly once I get things
tweaked on the quad may order one of the 1550's just to see how it works out.
Since I can't seem to get HK to refund my money I will wait out the Turnigy's
I ordered and should have plenty of batteries for a while.

Walt

I had the same problem with hk and batteries about a year ago. I called the credit card company and they gave me back the money.

Walt
Yea I may end up going that route.
However I have to give them the time frame I suppose.
They state that they "restock" within 30 days if back ordered.
Its been just a bit over 2 weeks and got my Glaciers today so
I am not hurting for batteries but would have liked to at
least been given a choice.
I will just be cautious from now on with HK.
So far the items I have ordered came within a timely fashion
so, so far they have been Johnny on the Spot.

Top Bottom