Motors Where do you buy spare parts for nitro engines?

stokke

So I wrecked the NX4 :(

WP_000234.jpg

It's gonna cost me. I'm up at about 400$ now :( Man this crash sucks, as I do not have the cash for a repair. I'll probably end up stretching my credit card - again LOL

Anyways. The inlet thingy on my carb broke off - where do you guys get parts for the OS motor (or nitro motors in general)?

Tony

Staff member
Now that sucks big time! I don't think I have ever heard of anyone breaking the fuel inlet for the carb, wow. But, there are a number of places that carry parts for these engines. Not sure about your area though. The link below is an eBay link, but you can search for the part number to locate an item closer to you.

O s Engines 46181950 Fuel Inlet 120 300 OSMG6004 | eBay

Here is the part number

Stock Number_____Mfr Number_____Product Description
OSMG6004________46181950 _____O.S. Fuel Inlet 120-300

stokke

Actually I think it's this bit I need. But I gotta check when I get home from work.

As for how it happened; I dumb-thumbed it. Reckless flying. No excuses...

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, you broke the carb body? Damn, you must have been laying the smack on that puppy!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
how did this happen? Sorry to see this man! and WOW you got the carb !! Dang any close pics?

stokke

how did this happen? Sorry to see this man! and WOW you got the carb !! Dang any close pics?

Here I've placed the broke part back on (no glue or anything, just placed it on).

P1020435.JPG

Here's the part with part of the carb body still attached.

P1020436.JPG

Carb body without the broken off thing

P1020437.JPG

P1020438.JPG

Everything except the carb body has been ordered - NOT cheap.
Here's the list:

• Main blades
  • Landing gear
  • BEC
  • Frame (both sides)
  • Canopy
  • Main shaft
  • Tail shaft
  • Header tank
  • Rx battery
  • Feathering shaft
  • Link on the head
  • Lower bottom frame plate
  • Tail support struts (both)
  • Tail boom
  • Torque tube
  • Tail slider
  • Tail feather shaft
  • Rudder linkages
  • Motor shroud

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah. I had just figured out the governor, and set it up correctly (been flying curves up til now). As I realized the gov was working properly, I started flying as normal. Here's where it gets unclear: I came out of some backwards loops when I hit the rudder to come nose in towards myself, but for some reason the bird was certainly not nose in - and I don't think it was upright either LOL. Anyways, the thing plummets to the ground, me frantically trying to figure what's what. I barely manage to think; "the auto level!" - when it hits the ground with a hard SMACK! And that's that... :(

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately I can't see the images. That is one extensive list of parts. Man, hope this is the last of your "BIG" crashes!

xokia

me frantically trying to figure what's what. I barely manage to think; "the auto level!" - when it hits the ground with a hard SMACK! And that's that... :(
Yup its amazing how in a panic your brain just refuses to function. That is exactly why I stuck my rescue on the TH switch.

Sucks......I have been there myself thankfully on a much cheaper heli.

Tony

Staff member
Was finally able to see the pics, and yes, it's the carb body that broke. Might want to play it save and purchase that high speed needle and housing as well. Might be cheaper to order a whole new carb honestly. Not sure what the prices are like up there. Man, this really sucks.

Westy

LEGEND
DUDE...... I am sooooo Sorry to hear !!!!!

I missed this..... did you catch on the Vid?

I only thought you might have smacked it when you let a small hint of it the other day. I did see this thread, but overlooked it because I answered the question with "No I don't sorry" and moved on without looking into your post!

Man that is gutting with a new Bird! I do really know how you feel!

Top Bottom