When is a servo not a servo?

treff

Some time ago I brought 3 Towerpro MG90 servos. I brought them for my first 450 heli but unfortunately I broke one.
I put them away and brought something better. Recently I was putting another 450 together and decided to use the Towerpro
MG90 servos again because they were cheap. I sent for a replacement of the one I broke and inadvertently I sent for another
being an old fart forgetting I had already purchased one. I brought one from the UK and one from China. All were marked Towerpro
MG90. Well just buy chance they both arrived today and guess what, they are all different. They are even different o the broken one.
They are different in every respect except for the label. They are clearly not the same servos so I can not use any of them on the cyclic, even
the teeth on the servo arms are different. $%£@£%$?*(&^%$£@ is what I say. A bloody pox on those tossers who have my money.
BXXXacks.

murankar

Staff member
With the t-pro servos just stick to one vendor. the ones you ordered may be knock offs and the designs and specs may very.

treff

Thanks murankar, yes brought from 3 different vendors, Netherlands, UK and China. All have the same name sticker but all are different, Case size, splines etc.
I have put them in a glider I am building at the moment so they will not go to waste. It's just annoying because now I have to buy three more to finish my
second 450. Still, the weather here awful at the moment so flying out of the question. Getting into the building season. Cheers

Top Bottom