Setups When DX9 transmitter turned on, wiped out my 5.8ghz video feed

Not sure how these two inferred with each other but when I turn on my DX9 transmitter (of course, 2.4ghz), my 5.8Ghz video feed wiped out. I was using the TS5823 vid transmitter which, as i understand, is a stock vid transmitter along with stock mushroom antennae for both transmit and receive ends. Not sure if this helps but its odd that both antenna had "Tx" on top of the mushroom but one had an "Rx" tag and the other had an "Tx" tag. Where they trying to pass off a Tx antenna as a receiver?

Some troubleshooting I did was i had my hex setting on a table with my dx9 and walked out about 100 feet (line of sight) with only my receiver video unit but still bad video. I went back and took the dx9 *and* video receiver about 100 feet and still no change. Problem remained the same in both situations. Only when I turned off my dx9 did full crisp video restore.

i've heard blue beam antenna are top of the line and maybe i need a 2.4 ghz filter on my transmitter. Not sure what caused this so any insight would be appreciated.

Lee

Have you tried setting the VTX to different channels, to see if one is better than another?

I'm laughing at myself that I didn't think of that. lol. an obvious course of action. thanks for the advice. I will try that.

seems to be the cheap transmitter i was using. i accidentally blew it up, bought a new one and haven't had that problem since.

Top Bottom