What's with the weather?

Dirk

Has anyone ever tried to figure out why the weather always becomes miserable as the weekend nears? Or is it only a South African thing?

Oh well, there goes my flying this weekend if the weather forecast is right.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
It must be a SA thing ... we only get perfect weather here. Sunny, 80°F, 70% humidity ...

... and if you believe that I have some ocean front property in Tennessee to sell you!

Derek

I dunno, but we had quite a storm last night. Today is not storming and the sun is out, but the winds are 20mph again.

Lee

Just watched the film "Search for the Sugarman" The first concert Rodriguez gave in SA was in the Bellville Velodrome were i used to fly on Monday nights when i lived in Cape town. It was our only flying day for weeks at a time when the cape doctor was blowing. Funny to see it in the movie.

Dirk

Just watched the film "Search for the Sugarman" The first concert Rodriguez gave in SA was in the Bellville Velodrome were i used to fly on Monday nights when i lived in Cape town. It was our only flying day for weeks at a time when the cape doctor was blowing. Funny to see it in the movie.

Believe me, the Cape Doctor is on a mission again!

- - - Updated - - -

It must be a SA thing ... we only get perfect weather here. Sunny, 80°F, 70% humidity ...

... and if you believe that I have some ocean front property in Tennessee to sell you!

Paul, I almost took you up on that offer, only to realize that Tennessee is miles from the ocean??

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Has anyone ever tried to figure out why the weather always becomes miserable as the weekend nears? Or is it only a South African thing?

no it must be a east USA and SA thing, nothing but storms and rain here... we usually get a flood in April, instead this year we got a drought, now in June we've got a flood. Going to pick up a MCPX for all this weather... than guess what will happen, it will get sunny again :(

Graham Lawrie

s
No Dirk, Scotland is the same:( I was off for two days during the week, "holidays", wife to the hospital for one and a funeral for the second, both glorius dry days:) Friday, fitting an ESC and main gears to Kev,s old 450 ready to fly, black clouds rain for today(Friday) and tomorrow:(

danhampson

its been raining here all day on and off and the forcast is more of the same. Im supposed to be going to a flying club for the first time on sunday, its looking like it might get rained off.

Dam you british weather........

Webskipper

Ah you guys should think about living in Minnesota, Not only did we have something like a foot of snow in April, its rained, been completely cloudy, overcast or windy for something like 80+ days out of the last 95 days. the local weather folks are thinking it is a record. (At least my sprinkers haven't had to be used yet.....)

And Dirk, we haven't had more than 6 hours of sunny hours on a weekend the whole time....Rainy, windy every weekend (My scooter has only had one 200 mile road trip this year, and that ended in the final 60 miles in the rain....

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Ah you guys should think about living in Minnesota, Not only did we have something like a foot of snow in April, its rained, been completely cloudy, overcast or windy for something like 80+ days out of the last 95 days. the local weather folks are thinking it is a record. (At least my sprinkers haven't had to be used yet.....)

And Dirk, we haven't had more than 6 hours of sunny hours on a weekend the whole time....Rainy, windy every weekend (My scooter has only had one 200 mile road trip this year, and that ended in the final 60 miles in the rain....

GULP! we got snow in April, not a foot, but we did get some. sorry for the "extra" terrible weather there. I'm wondering if the FAA is trying to prevent rc usage in using weather tampering systems... man aircraft can fly above the weather, but model stuff is forbidden. All I know is it's time to take out the paper airplanes.

Top Bottom