What's Up With This Weather?!?!

Tony

Staff member
Today is February 28th, FRIGGING FEBRUARY! And I just looked out my window and my Bradford Pear trees are already budding! They should not be doing this until the end of March, a MONTH from now. If we have ever had a mild winter here in Oklahoma, this is the year.

Sadly though, the wind is kicking today. I'm having some serious issues with the new gyro and I was going to try to get it in the air today, but there is just no way. But what in the world is going on with this weather.

How is the weather where you are?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
86 degrees here. Broke record temp in Fla yesterday and today. :censored: our black raspberry will be done by the end of march. Mother nature isn't happy with us and global warming doesn't help either :agree: :dog:

Dennis H

We were just talking about the weather the other day here in the Southern part of Louisiana.

We so far only had a 4 day winter. Yes, 4 days only, which is fine with me. I have not even pulled out my heavy coat. Only pull over sweaters or zip up sweaters was all that was needed so far.

We normally don't worry about winter. I remember seeing snow about only 3 days in my lifetime.

Now we watch the weather pretty intensely during Hurricane season!

But even though it's been a short small Winter, it has given me time to study my Helicopters. I enjoy building them as well as flying them. My brother who just moved away from Michigan always told me they had about 4 months out of the year they were able to enjoy being outside! He is in Florida now, It might be time to go visit him.

Dennis

RandyDSok

I hear all of that... plus one...

The main radar program I use just released a beta update that now includes p-typing ( precip typing so you can tell the freezing stuff from the just wet stuff ) last Thursday... There haven't been enough snow, sleet or freezing rain storms in the USA to tweak out the color tables I've made. In fact, I've been cheating and editing the 3 additional ( actually 4, but the 4th is a duplicate of the standard rain anyway ) by setting them up as an alternate base reflectivity ( ie rain ) table and using them on the storms we had all over the mid west tonight. I think I've got them good now but really need to use them all together so I can see the colors of the various tables side by side.

I think I'm done tweaking for the night and I'm about to head for bed.

RandyDSok

I just use RadarScope. Love that program!

That is a good basic radar app and would be great for most people but lacks the configurability of programs such as GrLevel3 and others. I use Radarscope on my Android and really find it handy also.

Top Bottom