Scale Whats this wag about

holtneil

Hi guys I put new motor in my cobra to lower head speed , Now it has a 1000kv hyperion motor 17T pinion 132T main gear and running at 80% throttle for now till I get the castle talon ESC
So I test mechanics all ok but as soon as its in the cobra I have this wag , I stripped the tail down and all is new and good , I tried different head speeds make no change i have tried different gyro rates its now down to 10% in HH ( my gyro runs from -100 to +100) even in rate mode there is a slow wag take a look please and tell me what you think it is

Last edited by a moderator:

murankar

Staff member
Slow wags are normally mechanical. First thing I would look at is the ball to center on the servo arm. After that work your way back to the tail rotor. With a lower head speed you may need to get longer tail blades also or change the gear ratio for the tail.

When you drop the head speed your tail speed drops as well. Scale fliers fly in rate mode.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

holtneil

Hi mate I think you said about tail blades before so I got spin blades for the tail and head the head ones have not come yet so the tail blades are 75mm now ,If I strip it down re set up and when I refit it if i plug in USB lead just till it flys ok them remove or will it vibrate and mess up gyro

UPDATE I have stripped it the ball is in the hole nearest the centre of servo

Last edited:

holtneil

Hi mate its a Kbar thats all i had after 3 gx failed , check link ball is in nearest to centre of servo

Lee

If all mechanics are buttery smooth, then try this.
If you have access to the I gain, try dropping it down a few points.

holtneil

Hi Lee well I strip it again ,In rate mode there was a drift so i moved ball out one hole on servo arm and re-adjusted the links so now when it hovers in rate it sits still in the air , I will put body back on , Now shall I fit USB lead and leave it in till i test and know its right or will the lead vibrate ans make the gyro go mad ?

holtneil

UPDATE, Hi Lee ok I moved servo ball back to nearest centre again reset up tail so now in rate mode it hovers still, I then went into gyro I lowered the (I) gain and upped the stop gains and the tail is good no wag even after input of rudder , so I will try and refit the body and go from there I may have to adjust gyro some more so will plug lead in ready and remove when its set up
I forgot to say the no wag is in rate and head hold mode

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Holtneil, that is one awesome looking bird. Glad you got her fixed. Can we see some more video of that bird once she is ready to be airborne? Good luck with her.

holtneil

Hi guys well I re-set up tail and went in to Kbar lowered I gain raised P and stop gains and here she is now so much nicer , so thanks guys your right it was mechanics and a fine tune on the K bar , your tops guys
http://youtu.be/eJRiekDjhJk

Last edited:

holtneil

I think you thanks goes to you guys for the help getting this heli sorted THANK YOU and thanks to RC-HELP.COM for a really top site

Last edited:
Top Bottom