What's The Most You Would Pay For A Shirt?

Tony

Staff member
So I have been looking around at different companies to have shirts made for the site so I would not have to keep inventory. However, this comes at a cost, a rather high cost IMO. I just designed a simple black T-Shirt with the RCH swoosh logo on the front and the full logo on the back and in order for me to make just $5.00 off the shirt to fund projects, I would have to charge $25.95 per friggin shirt!!!

This got me to wondering what you all would pay for a shirt from the site? I was going to add a poll to the thread, but I think just posting in the reply box is better in this case. I really would like to hear some feedback on this, good or bad, I want to hear it.

I am not trying to sell this shirt, but below is the link to the "store" where I designed it just so you can see it. Please do not order it, this price is way too high. I just want you to be able to see it. I know I can get it a little lower in price by NOT using streamlabs who are also taking a $5.00 cut by the looks of it.

Good or bad, let me hear it!

RcHelpDotCom / Streamlabs

Tony

Staff member
The problem with sites like that (which I have looked into) is you have to order product in bulk and then I am responsible for shipping them out to the customer one shirt at a time. I tried this and... NO! I spent an egregious amount of money on inventory and the supplies to make the shirts only to have NO ONE buy them. I will NEVER do that crap again. This is why I'm looking for a company to do all of that for me and reduce the headache I have dealing with merch.

I know a lot of members have said they wanted to buy a hat, shirt, mug or whatever, and as soon as I invest in something (I have over 30 coffee cups sitting here that never sold, money wasted) no one wants it or can't get it. Bit of a sore spot for me, but definitely a lesson learned. I guess I will just create an actual logo (that one in the link, my link, has gradients on it which can't be printed) to put on a shirt and let them deal with it. If I don't sell any, there is no money out of my pocket. If I do sell some, then it is up to that company to handle EVERYTHING. It would be nice for me not to have to do everything for a change lmao. Video production is hard enough (as I'm sure you have all found out in the last 6 months with NO videos... lol) and trying to get a new studio up and running, get everything in here that I need and plan all of this out, it would be nice to have one thing off my chest for a while.

Tony

Staff member
Here is another quick one that I designed in a hurry lol. This one I can promote through every video on youtube that I have. All 400+ lol. It is a little cheaper, it still gives me $5.00 profit to put towards the site, but still a bit expensive. I guess I could do them and just not make any profit...

Rc-Help Merch

Geena

Staff member
Heck, I think I paid $25 for each of the RCHN shirts I have....I have four of them...LOL So $25.99 for an RCH shirt is doable for me.

Tony

Staff member
I have been going around looking at different channels and their merch, and if I can pull this off for $17.xx, my shirts would be cheaper than anyone elses out there. I guess I'm just not as money hungry as other channels. If I can make $5.00 off a shirt, I can put more money back into what I do here. It seems that $25 is pretty common for a t-shirt and when you get into a hoodie or jacket or something, the price is ridiculous. I'm still looking into this a little more, but I know for sure that I am not ripping people off with these compared to other channels doing the same thing.

Geena

Staff member
Yeah, jackets are freaking expensive. My Bavarian demon team jacket was close to $100...and that`s the team`s price. It IS a nice jacket though.

murankar

Staff member
For me 10 to 15. I do have the $45 rchn sweatshirt. I needs a new one. Sweatshirt / hoodie that is.

leedude1

From my end Tony I've order t's from these 3rd party sites and I get hit with customs and duty and taxes when they cross into Canada (for some strange reason they think a cotton t is friggin GOLD) and a 20$ t ended up costing my 45 + bucks for that reason regrettably id be out my man.

wolfman76

I cam across a guy on YouTube tony Reyes the entrepreneur he buys the shirts cheap himself has a vynil cutter(plotter) you got and cuts and presses them him see elf and sells them himself here are some links to the stuff he uses just some suggestion my friend MPress 15" x 15" High Pressure Heat Press Machine . Siser EASYWEED Heat Transfer Vinyl - 15" x 5 Yards . Neenah Jet Opaque DARK - 8.5" x 11" - 50 Sheets . Siser APPLICATION TAPE for Adhesive Sticker Vinyl - 5 Yards . HPN Black Series Cap Hat Heat Press Transfer Machine . Neenah Jet Opaque DARK - 8.5" x 11" - 50 Sheets . Here is just a few things I have been looking into them myself for when I try to get into custom car audio design and installs hope these might help. By the way I am going to need a new shirt soon my old 1 seen better days but still wanting a white with blue logo 1 (wink) lol

wolfman76

I have been going around looking at different channels and their merch, and if I can pull this off for $17.xx, my shirts would be cheaper than anyone elses out there. I guess I'm just not as money hungry as other channels. If I can make $5.00 off a shirt, I can put more money back into what I do here. It seems that $25 is pretty common for a t-shirt and when you get into a hoodie or jacket or something, the price is ridiculous. I'm still looking into this a little more, but I know for sure that I am not ripping people off with these compared to other channels doing the same thing.
Yeah prices have definitely gone up tony just sign of the time I guess

Tony

Staff member
Been there done that, have the equipment to prove it. I will never sell my own shirts again. Getting into that, as stated in this thread, has taken the shirt off my own back to try and recoup the hundreds that I lost. Never again.

murankar

Staff member
The only way to make shirt selling successful is to do pre orders. Find a vendor that will handle the printing and mailing and then open a 4 to 6 week pre order window. Set a minimum quantity, for the purpose of pricing. If that order size is not met then nothing gets ordered.

Top Bottom