What's The Most Expensive Thing You've Damaged With Your Heli?

Microbus

Earlier today I almost took out my TV with my 120SR. :hororr: Eeek!! That got me thinking that others have had some pretty costly crashes/close calls in the past. What's the most damage you've ever caused? - other than to the heli itself, of course. :playful:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I have damaged the rotor blades multiple times on my 600:::

90 bucks a pair lol

If asking just one part.. That's it... Most expensive crash : different story lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Westy

LEGEND
I had a Feathering shaft screw shear off after landing too hard on a funny angle .... and SMASHED my rear window in my van...... Insurance covered it ... but now have a clause in thier policy with us that it is no longer covered by rotating machinery...

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the vid from last year..... But does not show the van aftermath.

Wow ... I have only been flying for 13 months ... how far I have come from those early days! haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Westy

LEGEND
This was actually my first ever heli build ... a clone Trex 450 Sport ...... what a learning curve it was..... and what a waste of money ..... is was just a junker . .... Wish someone had of slapped me and said ... dont get that.... get THIS!!!!! haha.... still have no one to show me .... still a loner heli pilot! haha.... and loving it!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's the cleanest blade shearing I saw. Lol
Sucks what aftermath it had. Good capture there lol

Yep clones are clones .... ;)

Good that it didn't hurt you.
I got a cheap pair of glass fibre blades from eBay one time, and after multiple days of flying my align 450pro , one day all of a sudden, I was just starting my flight, hovering, and I switched to idle up, and all I hear is a Loud bang, and it was my blades broke off from their roots and then struck my heli boom and then it disintegrated the heli.. Someone had it on video on the field, could never track that guy down. Lol

Hurts when things like that happen ...

Now that I think of it, past year my 450 has endured a lot!!!! Wow!

Microbus

.... and SMASHED my rear window in my van...... Insurance covered it ... but now have a clause in thier policy with us that it is no longer covered by rotating machinery...

That's awesome...though I suspect your insurance company may not think so!

Westy

LEGEND
haha .... they were ... shall we say ... NOT IMPRESSED!!!! heh heh

- - - Updated - - -

That's the cleanest blade shearing I saw. Lol
Sucks what aftermath it had. Good capture there lol

Yep clones are clones .... ;)

Good that it didn't hurt you.
I got a cheap pair of glass fibre blades from eBay one time, and after multiple days of flying my align 450pro , one day all of a sudden, I was just starting my flight, hovering, and I switched to idle up, and all I hear is a Loud bang, and it was my blades broke off from their roots and then struck my heli boom and then it disintegrated the heli.. Someone had it on video on the field, could never track that guy down. Lol

Hurts when things like that happen ...

Now that I think of it, past year my 450 has endured a lot!!!! Wow!

perhaps ... hte camera guy will send you a ransom note haha

- - - Updated - - -

actually ... that was the helis second short and messed up life. It came with fibre glass blades . I had it hovering on its first actual hover. Things went fine for about 40 seconds. then BANG ... heli crashes and burns and 45 feet away the rubbish bin bangs and falls over. Same issue. Blade snapped right through the hinge bolt of the blade grip. cost me almost another heli to rebuild her.

murankar

Staff member
my most expensive accident was getting into the hobby. i don't regret it but let me tell ya you will pay to be in the club.

for real my last crash when i hit the house. i decided to get a new kit instead.

stokke

Only thing I've ever damaged was cutting down my GF's potted plants LOL :D She didn't think it was so funny... Most expensive crash? My last one. I'm looking at about 450$ in repairs - IF I repair it at all.

Tony

Staff member
Marius, you should have got that one on video (not the crash, the cutting down of the plants lmao). I would have loved to see the look on your wifes face on that one...

I don't have any update to my post, I never get to fly anymore lol.

stokke

Marius, you should have got that one on video (not the crash, the cutting down of the plants lmao). I would have loved to see the look on your wifes face on that one...

I don't have any update to my post, I never get to fly anymore lol.

Actually, this was before I started recording flights - with my FP bird LOL :D I think I have a pic from FB...

- - - Updated - - -

Found it. Waaay back in 28th of May 2012 LOL

nine_lawn.jpg

nine_lawn.jpg

Tony

Staff member
haha, that is great. And I cant' believe you can keep that flower up there. I remember that one from when I was a kid. Every year I would visit family in Indiana and i would bring one of them home. they never survived lmao. And for the life of me I can't remember the name of them. All I can remember is the leaves had little hairs on them.

stokke

I'm not sure what it's called either LOL. It's the GF's job to get them. And my job to destroy them afterwards :D

Tony

Staff member
It's a Geranium. I knew it would come to me eventually lol. Still can't believe they stay alive up there.

Top Bottom