600 What's the best way to install a magnet?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Install a nyodynam magnet on a plastic clutch fan. ??

My century came with a plastic clutch fan, and it didn't have holes for governor magnets. So I had to make some holes. And install two magnets.
Hole weren't deep enough so the magnets just flew out one flight...

I have drilled the fan to where there is a little hole on the two slots where magnets will sit. It's a small hole which will be easily covered with the new magnets and epoxy. Just want to ask if epoxy (30minute) is the best way to install them on so they won't come off?

Thanks for your help! :)

Tony

Staff member
Epoxy should hold them. But the best way is to actually get one that has the magnets installed correctly. But in a pinch, a little epoxy will go a long way. Just check the clearance.

Tony

Staff member
The only real thing to worry about in plastic is the epoxy gets pretty warm during the reaction. But if this is on an engine, it shouldn't be an issue.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I installed the magnets on my aluminum clutch on my vibe. It had ore drilled holes in it, that was a breeze. Magnets were a perfect fit.

Plastic didn't have a bad reaction. I am hoping this time I don't loose them as the one bad thing about the century design is that it's so freakin difficult to get to the engine. I have to take apart a lot of things.

Vibe on the other hand is the flat frame. So it's much easier.

Tony

Staff member
If you have the chance, I would scuff up the surface around the magnet so the epoxy has something to hold onto. If not, the heat should have created soemthing for it to hold onto. Hope it works and GET VIDEO!!!!!!!! I want to see that heli more and more, and in HD!!! hehe

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah I will make a video. Is the 808 HD a good buy??? I Mean that's the only way I can go HD.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah but god gave me two hands and one rc heli remote usually requires two. ESP when I am peeing self trying to invert my 600's lol

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
What you need to get is a hat which you can affix your iPhone to on the bill. May look stupid, but it would point everywhere you look, so all you'd have to do is look (which I hope you are doing already!). It would probably take a litle adjustment to get it just right, but should be no issue. Go to the Dollar store ... I bet they have a bunch of hats for cheap :biggrin1:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's what I first tried actually on this hat I use now for shooting video. I made holes and straps as what not, and it didn't really work as Iphone was just too heavy with not a lot of base to be mounted like that. :(

So I use Velcro on my bat to mount the 808. Just recently in the last video have I figured out kind of a good spot. But it more approximate. :/

Let's c.. If I didn't have glasses, I would so totally get the sunglass camera thing. That would be awesomeness! But can't . Lol

Top Bottom