Micro What's the best mini Heli?

Sorry to be a pain guys but looking to get a good quality indoor Heli and seems I'm spoiled for choice, looks like the blade mcp-x is a popular choice , I would appreciate any input! Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately the mCP-x is no longer made and neither is their brushless counterparts. I would suggest the Align 150x, but again, they stopped making it. There are always helicopters like the V911 from Walkera and ones like that.

Ok Tony thanks , what about the Walkera v120do2s , I'm thinking Walkera is the lower end and the blade or align might be better quality? Thanks

KLA

Actually Tony, they still do make a Trex 150X. It is a pretty nice little heli that has dual BL motors and a 6 Axis gyro. Here is a link to it:

Align T-Rex 150X DFC Combo BTF Electric Helicopter [AGNRH15E04X] | Helicopters - AMain Performance Hobbies

Other than the new Trex 150X, I would recommend the XK K110 or the K120. The K120 is about the same size as the Align Trex 150X, still has a 6 Axis gyro, but is a lot cheaper than the Trex 150X, but is still of pretty good quality:

Only US$109.99, Original XK K120 Shuttle 6CH Brushless 3D/6G - Tomtop.com

KLA

Actually Tony, they still do make a Trex 150X. It is a pretty nice little heli that has dual BL motors and a 6 Axis gyro. Here is a link to it:

Align T-Rex 150X DFC Combo BTF Electric Helicopter [AGNRH15E04X] | Helicopters - AMain Performance Hobbies

Other than the new Trex 150X, I would recommend the XK K110 or the K120. The K120 is about the same size as the Align Trex 150X, still has a 6 Axis gyro, but is a lot cheaper than the Trex 150X, but is still of pretty good quality:

Only US$109.99, Original XK K120 Shuttle 6CH Brushless 3D/6G - Tomtop.com

T-REX 150X DFC TOP Super Combo (RTF) RH15E05X

Tony

Staff member
The link I looked at must have been the old model. Nice find and great little helicopter! I absolutely love mine!

KLA

Yeah, the new Trex 150X seems like it will be a great micro. The 6 Axis gyro will be great for beginners, has dual BL motors and the ESC is even flashed with BLHeli. Align really stepped up on this one in the micro market.

Tony

Staff member
If it wasn't so nasty today, I would be getting mine out. Need to get my heli fingers back lmao.

KLA

Wow! I just realized that my one post double posted. Imagine that.

Yeah I'd like to be out flying today also, but, I dislocated my knee yesterday and I'm having a hard enough time just getting up and down the darn stairs. So, needless to say, I'm not gonna be walking down to the field to fly any of my helis.

Tony

Staff member
Well, the weather cleared up and I was able to get an FPV flight in with the little QX80. Not the one that I wanted to fly, but it's still flying. And I didn't crash lmao.

holtneil

Hi guys Smoggie has had so many problems with his trex 150 its a shelf queen now I have had the V911 and the V922 both great little helis , one of the guys up the club has the walkera CP100 and it flies really nice , there are still a few shops in the UK has the MPCX as a BNF but not got many

KLA

The mCPX is a good heli. I have a V1, V2 and a BL mCPX. It's a shame they quit producing them. As far as WL Toys, I have a V911 and a V912, but both are FP not CP. The XK K110 is very similar to the WL V977 Power Star except that it is on a Futaba platform with a better RTF TX. If I was gonna get another micro I would get the XK K110 or K120.

Top Bottom