Whats been going on with me.

murankar

Staff member
Good evening (my time zone).

I have been fairly out going about some issues I have. One way for me to accept my illness is to tell people about it.

In April I stopped going to counseling because I was doing better and my Dr and I want me to handle my conditions on my own. About a month ago I fell back to a dark state again. I am currently battling back to somewhat normal.

So what I have is anxiety and depression. It's very tough to control both. When ever I get an anxious high I always have some kind of depression low. Sometimes I just have the depression low. Which sucks more because I am unaware when its going to happen. While flying does help it's not the only thing I have to do. I am lightly and I mean lightly medicated on a normal basis. I hate this because to me it's a band aide with no plane to come off the meds.

Tomorrow I will see a new Dr at the VA for my internal medicine stuff. I hope I can get her to submit my acupuncture request. This is not only a true plan it also helps me get off the meds and will help my lower back.

I have not flown since I went nose in. I have been on the sim off and on. I am working on flying around nose in only. I want to be able to control the heli while in a nose in orientation. I hope to get out tomorrow. I really need to fly.

Tony

Staff member
I wish I could say that I had no idea what this is like, but I know all too well what it is like. I deal with the same thing. One minute you are fine, next it almost feels like you are backed into a corner and anger is the only way out, then you hit bottom. Been there, will go there again, and I do not look forward to it. Just have to keep your chin up.

murankar

Staff member
It had been going .

For me it's like crashing. It's not if but when.

This has been an on going thing now for about 4 years. I have talked about it in the members area a few times but never publicly on here. I felt it was time.

Right now I am on the up and up. My girl wants to fly and she even helps me pack for the field. Anyhow it's bed time.

Smoggie

Uri,

Thanks for being brave enough to share this, and I hope the sharing does help. I've been lucky enough to not have experienced this myself but I have some idea as I've had close family members suffer from something similar. I appreciate though that it is one of those things you have to go through personally to truly 'know'.

Hope you are feeling better soon. I prescribe so me RC therapy to take your mind off it!

Steve

murankar

Staff member
Thank you

So I went to the Dr yesterday for A lower back issue. Trying to get back to acupuncture. If I can get that approved then I'll be back on the up and up.

Nothing like holistic medicine to fix your issues.

Top Bottom