Batteries Whats a good source for Lipos?

Blade_flyer

I'm looking for a good source for Lipo batteries. By good source, I mean:
1. Reputable dealer
2. Good performance
3. fair price

In all, I'm looking for batteries that perform well and a priced competitively. Not necessarily the lowest price, but the "best value" for the price. I need to stock up on some 3s batteries for the warm season and was going to order some in the next week or so. I also want to order from a good dealer, one that carries a good selection and will ship in a reasonable time.

I'm looking for 3S 3200 -3500 mAh in at least 20c. Prefer to have Deans connectors, but I can change if they are a good value. Any suggestions?

Bud

Derek

I've had good luck with the Turnigy Nano Techs, from Hobby King, too. I've also started to buy the Glacier packs from Buddy RC. BuddyRC is in Ohio. They have great customer service on the phone and their shipping is top notch.

murankar

Staff member
Glacier seems to be a good solution. I personally have used gensace and pulse. I still use the gensace as bench batteries for setup and testing. I got them in 2012. I got my pulse packs in 2014 and they are due to be retired. None of my packs are puffed. I have been hard on my packs also. Over discharged, not storing properly, etc etc etc.

For the current prices there really is not much difference between hobby king and other affordable brands like glacier, pulse and gens ace.

holtneil

Hi guys I have turnigy nanos ,I run my Trex 500 on turnigy blue ,and my 630 goblin on zippy compact all from Hobby king and have all been really good batteries at a good price

Smoggie

The best batteries i've ever had were some of the early Gens Ace. When they were first introduced and no one had heard of them they were cheap and performed exceptionally well. I've got some that are five years old and still perform good! Unfortunately as the brand gained reputation they bumped up the price quite dramatically, so they aren't the bargain that they once were.

These days I usually buy batteries from Hobbyking. They are hard to beat on the 'bang for buck' scale and they have batteries at all performance and price points.

Blade_flyer

Thanks to all for the suggestions! I have ordered some Nano Techs and I am looking forward to hopefully some extended flight times. I have a 3s that is puffy and I should probably retire it soon. My other 3s had a broken wire...I was able to solder it and get the pack charged and balanced.

Hoping for good weather next weekend...I didn't get to fly this past one. I may put the plane in the truck and stop by the field on Tuesday. Forecast is 75 degrees! Come on Spring!

holtneil

Wow 75 degs we only get this for a few days in the summer , us Uk guys get used to cold hands lol

Blade_flyer

I was in Skulthorpe Mill, just east of Kings Lynn for a couple of weeks back in the late 80's. Seems it was around June and the weather was quite nice. Not sure where you are in the UK, but a couple of degrees in latitude makes all the difference sometimes. Yeah, when it gets cold around here, we call that "numb thumbs."

Happy flying!

Top Bottom