Chargers What would you change?

Matthew McEvoy

Good afternoon. I am about to start building a charge station. I have bought an icharger 306 and I am awaiting delivery of two HP server power supplies exactly the same as the ones used in Tonys great video. I plan on building a case style unit with the icharger as well as my old charger wired in so I can charge my tx, screen and other stuff at the same time as my batteries. My question is fairly simple. If you could build your case again of if you could build a dream charge station what features would you include? I will do a build thread if anyone is interested.

murankar

Staff member
I would use the new coolice device. I forgot what its called right off hand but its a great piece of kit for the iCharger. It regulates the output on the DC side and at the same time will protect your iChrager should you loose a psu. It has many features on it that are the bee's knees. It can control LED lights and color if they are multi colored, give power output for up to 3 psus (36v system), regulates output for upto 3 units and has bluetooth which is still in the process of being built on android, but he has a beta of it out which is very limited at the moment.

One thing I would love to add is a way to play music through the case, the basic stuff a couple small speakers and an audio jack. It would be nice to play music while flying with out using head phones or my car.

murankar

Staff member
That could be a nice add on. I am going to add one to mine for sure. I think two should be enough. Just watch your power output on those things. I think apple can take high power to charge not sure about everything else. One more thing, if you do have apple products make sure you wire the usb port correctly to charge the item. I believe they need to see signal on the data side before it will charge.

Matthew McEvoy

Not sure if this is the right way to do this so please yell if this needs to be moved.
I have started on the power supplies for the charge station. I was lucky and found two power supplies the same as the ones in Tonys video. They arrived so I got to it. Heres the thing. I would like 12v and 24v have I understood how this works and wired them up right. To explain the picture the bare wires are only bare because they are trigger wires I will run to switches, I figure if this is wired right I can start one up if I only need 12v. The rest you can see. I am hoping that the cable on the left of the picture will be 12v and the one on the right will be 24v. Tell me how I screwed up and lets all move on as friends. lol.

powersupply.jpg

powersupply.jpg

Top Bottom