1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

What Topics Would You Be Interested In?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Jacob Davis, Oct 17, 2017.

< Are You Seeing Popup's That Want You To Download Something? | What Do You Think About The New Layout? >
  1. Jacob Davis

Jacob Davis Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello All,

Compiling a list of any and all articles/topics our community is interested in seeing. Our community is based on helping all members from "just into the hobby" to the "pros." We would love for each of you to tell us what articles/topics you would be interested in seeing, talking about, discussing, etc. We appreciate any and all feedback in advance.

Thank You!
    Jacob Davis

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone, post up and let us know what topics you would be interested in seeing here on this site.

3. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Just to be clear...

Are we talking about RC-Help or a different website/forum?

It's just sort of odd since RC Help already has about every RC related subject already and is pretty much a newbie to pro forum now... but it wouldn't be odd if it was a request for a different site entirely.

4. Tony

Blog Posts:
    The word "Topics" here refers to information, not actually a topic like helicopters, airplane and the like. So "Topic" may not have been the best word there lol.

5. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    So more along the line of "Articles" etc...

I'm good... I know it all .... LMAO ( selling bridges to any that believe that )

6. Tony

Blog Posts:
    hahaha, yes, such as articles, threads, what would you like us to report on :biggrin1:

7. Jacob Davis

Jacob Davis Member

Blog Posts:
    Yes, Tony is right. Articles or threads the community would be interested in. And out of pure curiosity, what other sites would you be interested in seeing from Tony/RC-Help?

8. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I asked the question to get it clarified for others here... so they knew what you were asking for and why...

I grew up with RC since my Dad was into it... I built my first airplane ( a Kadet ) in my early teens ( about 1974ish ) and I still have the second airplane ( Sig Kobra ) that I built right after that. There is little that I need to see or read about that I'm not already experienced with. My experience and preferences are with planks and the electronics they use ( don't care much for nitro or gas ). I've been "out" of the hobby for a while now, mostly because of budget and available time issues. Heli's and multi-rotors don't hold much interest to me although some of my experience does allow me to contribute in those areas at times.

And to repeat something that I said elsewhere ... because it applies here also...

If what I'm after is just information and know specifically what I'm looking for.... I always start with an internet search first... or if it's product info, the products website followed by an internet search. Most of the time if it's relatively common info, you'll have the info long before you get an answer on a forum.... But when I'm also looking for other people's experiences, opinions and perspectives along with the info... you can't beat a forum.

< Are You Seeing Popup's That Want You To Download Something? | What Do You Think About The New Layout? >