600 What to get? 550 or 600

Dirk

Hey guys! I am itching again. Which one is better to get. A Trex 550 or a 600E. There is quite a price difference here in South Africa between the two.

What do you guys suggest?

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
They are both the same size heli but different power system. the 550 uses only (1)6s and the 600 uses (2)6s so weight difference is a factor of course. if you want power than I go with the 600 but hey the 550 has just enough. Put it this way..this hobby has a bug and once it bites you you want more bigger and powerful bird.

Dirk

Thanks Anthony. Yeah, and I can see that the bug has bitten you big time. You have a bigger air-force than most African countries!! LOL
I am not into 3D flying at all. I will do the odd loop and flip and roll. I guess the 550 will do that just fine?

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
LMAO! there is nothing wrong with some big air sport flying and the 550 will surprise you. My partner has a TDR and just received the Diabolo..Whew! that bird is nice. He is a true sport flyier and does some scary speed runs. One day when i get my camera i will post some vids.

pvolcko

I like the 550 size. Less battery cost and hassle. Still very nimble and if you aren't into 3D, just sport/aerobatic stuff then it should fit the bill perfectly and still allow you room to get into some 3D maneuvers if you want to.

murankar

Staff member
Nice think about the 550 is the battery. Nice thing is you will amass a few 6s packs to go with it. With that said you will eventually have a 600. You can make a plug harness to get what you need for power on a 600.

Anyhow start at 550 then make the jump later on after you get the batteries.

Top Bottom