or
600e
im leaning more on the 550
but did fined a real nice 500 with the DFC head
and also it will be a flybarless
so less here what you think

Tony

Staff member
You have 3 450's so I would not do that. I would get the 500, 550, or 600. I think I would opt for the 600 over the 550 though.

If you have the room, get the 600 Pro DFC. If you are good with teh room for a 450 but lacking for a 600, then get the 500 Pro DFC. That is what I would do.

Adam

You know ive had these tree in mind myself. One thing i notice not alot of people have the 550 everybody has the 600 or 700. One great thing i noticed is you get the same motor with the 550 as the 600. I think you have alot to compare there battery's parts you name it do research. And beleive me there will be alot of comments on this one i think. Enjoy the hunting.

Lee

I would go 550. Its designed for 6S batteries, where as the 600 which comes set up for 6S just lacks that pop and put a lot of stress on 6S batteries. Its better set up as 8,10 or 12S. I have a 500 and 600, but if i could replace them both i would go 550. Not that i don't like my 5 and 6, they're great birds too.
Also looking to the future and saving $$ on batteries, you can use the same batteries for your 500/600 just use two in the 600. Or you can use the same batteries in your 550/700.

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, even I have had a 600. It was a clone piece of crap and scared the living hell out of me, but I had one lmao

heli-maniac

well thanks everyone on the input
i have look at parts on all 3 and they are are all in the ballpark on spare parts and price
but omg main blades for them are just stupid
so the 600 is out
i was looking at parts for the 550 and lots of them are the same as a 600 every thing on the main rotor head is a 600
so as soon as my one 450 sales and what kind of deal i work out on the 550 and 500

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I would still stick with 600 or bigger bro

Or the nx4 nitro!!! Lol

550 is a waste esp when you are running the frame and motor and electronics size of 600 with shorter tail boom And the same size batteries as a 600 and trying to lift all that on 100mm smaller blades , which in effect uses more energy. I had a discussion about this with someone in person recently and he layed it all out in numbers.. He was an aeronautical engineer I am not lol so I don't remember all that.

It's like 600-650 size blade is increasing weight with increasing lift ..

While 600 to 550 size is increasing load with decreasing lift... weight difference is of ~ 15gns max ..

Aluminum is light! Tail boom and torque tube make up may be 5 more gms difference ...

So you have same power on not such a lower weight with highly loaded blades and poorer performance on same or lower battery life (flight time) ... Shorter tail boom to carry that load and this having a poorer tail performance... Now people fly theirs a lot and have fun but best bang for the buck is ---- 600!! :)

Blades maverick g5 carbon fibre --62 bucks
Pro 3D cheaper but great carbon fibre -- 40 bucks

All available in Lhs :)

You'll never look back once you go 600 !!

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I've got to say go with the 600 too! The 5's are too in between of a size. Might has well stick with the 450 then. The 600 will fly soo much better than a smaller one. The difference is like night and day!

heli-maniac

I would still stick with 600 or bigger bro

Or the nx4 nitro!!! Lol

550 is a waste esp when you are running the frame and motor and electronics size of 600 with shorter tail boom And the same size batteries as a 600 and trying to lift all that on 100mm smaller blades , which in effect uses more energy. I had a discussion about this with someone in person recently and he layed it all out in numbers.. He was an aeronautical engineer I am not lol so I don't remember all that.

It's like 600-650 size blade is increasing weight with increasing lift ..

While 600 to 550 size is increasing load with decreasing lift... weight difference is of ~ 15gns max ..

Aluminum is light! Tail boom and torque tube make up may be 5 more gms difference ...

So you have same power on not such a lower weight with highly loaded blades and poorer performance on same or lower battery life (flight time) ... Shorter tail boom to carry that load and this having a poorer tail performance... Now people fly theirs a lot and have fun but best bang for the buck is ---- 600!! :)

Blades maverick g5 carbon fibre --62 bucks
Pro 3D cheaper but great carbon fibre -- 40 bucks

All available in Lhs :)

You'll never look back once you go 600 !!
i dont think wait is a problem on this the 600. is 2350g and the 550 is 1800g and runs the same power plant

Lee

How can the 550 thats 20% lighter with the same power plant be less powerful? Remember the 600 need two 6S batteries, the 550 only one. I have a 600 on 2x6S and it flys... but its a dog. When i have the funds, i will up grade it. I have a friend that has flown his 600 on 6,8,10 and 12S and he recommends 8S as the best power to weight ratio with the best flight time.
So if you want a stock heli that flys well get the 550
If you want to get the 600, you'll have to spend extra to get the same performance as the 550.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lee you are making a good point. Lol but hey I am just telling what I was told by multiple people on my field. But anywaz. I personally would go 600 or 700 way before 500 or 550... That's just me ;)

Lee

Funny thing i'm just looking at the DFC 700 super combo now :thinkerg:
If something in the pipeline happens to Celia and I in the new year, i may be selling all my helis and buying new ones somewhere else. I'm not saying more than that :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
In my lhs there is a 700e bnf minus batteries for 900.. Lol I am eyeing that for Christmas ! Lol

heli-maniac

well got a super deal on the first step to the 550 got 2 6s 3300s now to get the 450 pro and the 450 sport sold also my DX6i with new back light

heli-maniac

well sold the 450 pro 3gx and my dx6i now i cant fly till my dx8 gets here
guess im stuck on the sims this week any way

Top Bottom