Batteries What The Hell

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. I just soldered EC3 connectors to 2 brand new Gen ace battery this evening. As I was wrapping electrical tape on the batteries I've notice that one of the batteries wasn't right. One of the batteries grew in size in front of me. Immediately I threw the battery outside. I grab my camera and took a picture. The bad battery is on the left. Has this ever happen to anyone else?
IMG_2171.JPG
This is a first for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geena

Staff member
I have to agree with Rdsok. There is definitely something bad going on inside that pack. I would contact Gens Ace, and see about getting that replaced. I would also store that pack outside, in your BB-Q grill just in case it goes up in flames.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you Geena and Randy for your answer. I didn't think I did any thing different when it came to soldering. It was just very strange watching it grow. IT"S ALIVE Lol. I new I didn't have a receipt so as soon as I took the picture I discharged it with a spot light bulb, threw it in a metal coffee can fill with sea salt water and then into my fire pit. I didn't want another fire in the house :(.

Tony

Staff member
I agree, something definitely shorted. Even a split second of the two terminals touching will cause a pack to puff up like that. And as you saw, it happens very fast. Even with what you did with the pack, I would still contact them and see what they say. Maybe you can get a replacement.

Top Bottom