Trucks What Steps Should I Take When Trying To Start A Used T-maxx 2.5

Scott Marshall

Hey Buster, Nice haul!
(I have but one T-Maxx 3.3) (oh, yeah - and a few dozen flying machines)

1st thing I would do is watch Tony's T-Maxx rebuild video series, he covers most of the nitty gritty. (it helped me get mine going)

If you want to get right to it,
1 -pick up some ground fuel in 15 - 30% nitro (in the 3.3 15% is plenty of power to break halfshafts)
2 - Sort the batteries you got with it, (both hump packs and starter wand), charging them under a watchful eye and then check the voltage on each after setting overnight.
3 - Put the best in the truck, and started wand of your choice.
4 - Put 4 fresh AAs in the transmitter.
5 - Inspect all fuel lines and wiring - fix if needed

6- power on the Tx and Rx, make sure you have it figured out and all is working properly. Check carb travel.
7 - Remove the glow plug and confirm the engine turns free by hand, if not use wd-40 or equal and work it loose, once loose spin with starter to verify all is working and purge all the wd out.
8 - Install a fresh glow plug and fuel it up.
9 - Crank in <10 sec bursts, with your finger over the exhaust to prime (make sure the fuel line clamp is released), once fuel can be seen to the Carb, remove finger and keep cranking in pulses.
10 - It's going to need warming up and tuning, from there, fix what ails it, and have fun ripping it around.

11 - Post here for help if you need it

Support Tony's Utube channel if you can.

Hope it helps!!

Top Bottom