Servos What Servo?

Graham Lawrie

I have been doing a bit of research into servos as i am new to all this. I came accross a web page that said Savox were Align in a different case or vise versa?
Are there any rule of thumb for selection?
££ v quality?
I saw Lee had Savox on his new build . There are so many out there!!
Whats good, whats bad? do Align make the best?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yep savox servos are the same servos rebranded more or less ..

Marius has them on his 600 too.

Heard great things about them. Get them if you are looking :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

Savox actually make the servos for Align. The ones i have are great for 450 helis. I wanted the MKS servos cause they are better for the Warp, but i couldn't afford them.

Graham Lawrie

LOL join the club i cant afford any:) Well that is interesting Lee. just researching to see what is best for my budget and for the 600 when i get it. I generally trie to research the hell out of everything, but being newish to this i never realised there were so many, so not sure what to get or what is best versus budget??

murankar

Staff member
I run savox all around in mine also. I basically feel the same as lee. I too wanted the mks product and as it turns out that lee and I are both want them and can't have them for the same reasons. I have all metal servos and the speeds of them are the same as the ds520 and the ds410.

Lee

92A+, 95 and 95I There is a copy of the 95 at Hobby King by Turnigy For $23 that has great reviews. One of our members CPO has just got them for his 450.

RC MAN

Hi Yall,
People over here in Germany use Corona servos with real good results, I use for the cyclics 3x DS929mg, and the DS 919mg for the tail.
These are cheaper than the align and the sävox servos, and work just as good, The heli guys over here say, Ja sävox is good (overkill)
These other servos work just as good. No probs yet, and they are also metal/digital.

Happy hovering and flying

Frank

Graham Lawrie

Hi Yall,
People over here in Germany use Corona servos with real good results, I use for the cyclics 3x DS929mg, and the DS 919mg for the tail.
These are cheaper than the align and the sävox servos, and work just as good, The heli guys over here say, Ja sävox is good (overkill)
These other servos work just as good. No probs yet, and they are also metal/digital.

Happy hovering and flying

Frank

Hi Frank , what are you flying on these? I have a Savox tail and 3 x Futabas, on a 600.:)

RC MAN

Hi Frank , what are you flying on these? I have a Savox tail and 3 x Futabas, on a 600.:)

This 1 Graham
After crash.JPG

A 450, should I ask about a 500- 700 Bird also ?
We are a bunch of heli addics over here, and I get all there parts for them, as I am the only 1 who understands English and has the (balls) to order from a company they dont know.

I dont like givin out money on things I dont really need either, and I think a servo for 40 bucks, or 1 (that does the job) for 15, They both do the same thing, and last just as long as the other, with no probs, makes quite a difference.
Ya get 3, for the price of 1 in my eyes. Tail servos , ya need 1 thats fast. If your just learning, just about any servo that fits will work. .06 speed on the tail, .12-.15 on the cyclic. Or .06 all around for 3D, and a good eye. Im just happy if I can fly mine without falling outa the sky lol.

I will get back with ya about the servos on a 600, low cost and a good price, like the Coronas.

My buddy flys with Sävox, and with Coronas, he saw no difference in either 1 , but the price.

If ya dont test, ya cant judge.

Take care yall

Frank

After crash.JPG

Lee

I have had 5 corona servos and all of them failed. Two of them electrically and 3 were the casing disintegrated.

RC MAN

I have had 5 corona servos and all of them failed. Two of them electrically and 3 were the casing disintegrated.

Ok, where did ya get them from? I give a guarantee on all stuff I sell, and Im not a wholesaler.
If it dont work, than ya get your money back, from me.
I dont like bad stuff, and if my friends have probs with parts they get from me, than I dont think they should have to wait till I get a refund.
I give them another part, or a complete refund of their money. Thats how I do business In my part of the woods.
Or I will take my part that works in my stuff, and give it to them. Service is everything in this world of ripoffs.

I test and try everything I sell, (Dont get me wrong, I am not trying to sell parts here, as I am in Europe)
But If ya dont like what ya get, send it back.

Just a bit of how I do business over here. And make a bit of money while Im at it. Ya buy it from me, and is broken, ya get your money back. I test every part that leaves my shop.
So I know it works when the customer picks it up, and no one has ever come back for a faulty part yet. Or work from my place either.

Take Care yall

Frank

Tony

Staff member
I don't mind you saying what your practices are in business, but if you want to sell on here, contact me via PM and we will work out the details. This includes PM'ing info to other members. Just letting you know. I'm glad there are standup people in this world still!

Lee

I'm glad to hear how you do business Frank. If only everyone was like that. The servos that the casings fell apart on are actually still working. I just glued them up and hot glued them into a plane of mine. Still going strong.

RC MAN

Hi Yall,
I know, its been a while, but I had a health prob,(Im not that young anymore)
The choice of parts, sooo many clone parts out there, as yall know, but my job is to be able to sort out the Good from the Bad.
I buy,and my friends buy, From different vendors out there in this killer world of selling, we test them, and give our opinions to each other and post them on different Forums.
I dont know how Tony is as a person, But a man that can start another rc forum in this terrible forum starting World, should be Commended. I like it here at RC-HELP.COM
And Tony, I take my hat off to ya for doing such a good job at keeping it clean and simple and small.
Really Cool stuff here at (LOl, Im boosting ya for googl) rc-help.com .

I am active in other forums also, but This one I find (almost)the best. Cool peops here, ya can say what ya want (just dont piss off Tony) lol Just JOKIN TONY!
This forum can only get better. We peops here are fellow rc people, we know (well I know) We dont give out any bogus answers here. (Tony knows just about everything we say,
and he learns too) That, when ya talkin Bull, he will try to keep everything Cool.

But, I was at tinkering again, I built a Drag Heli today, its not finished yet, but I would like to hear your comments on it, Good or Bad. (Tony, dont delete the bad 1s, ok?)
LOL, Ya have to <jazz him sometimes.

This is what happened to the 450 from Hell

Drag Heli, with Titanium top frame

Well, I have to go to bed, morning come to soon for this old ass fart I am,
Take care Yall

Frank

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

RC MAN

Pretty cool project. You have a speed you're shooting for with it, or just whatever you can manage?

Hi pvolcko,
I used to live in Utica, guess we were neighbors, lol small world.

Speed should be about 70-80 mph weighs only 580 grams, flight ready, The lower frame/skids are from Lexan, Hi strength, low weight.
The batt will be between the skids, and the electronics all up front, except the rx, that will be on the boom mount.

Frank

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone else hearing Christmas carols when looking at that helicopter? lmao

OK TONY,
LOL HO-HO Heli, your not the first 1 Tony to say that, I like it, and you will know that, that heli is mine when ya see it,
Isnt another 1 around like it, And you can proudly say , "I saw that heli being built"

Have fun, Ohh, I have a hoard of Elves that work on it too, 1 special 1 to fly it, as Santa is too FAT to fit in it.

Frank

Top Bottom