Prop what propeller SIZEs should i use?

Mfarooqi

HI, I am very new in RC hobby, trying to buy plane components online. But i'm too confused. There are 20s of Propellers with 10s kind of details. Pitch, size, torque, P-factors.

while I searched with motors, It made me more confused, like different KV can handle different types of Propellers. I have this idea the this variation is based on size of Plane, or weight of plane or location where these fans are to be attached....

Can somebody please guide me the best way to calculate Propellers details, or what kind of props should I buy, if weight = X and width = Y and length = Z.

while i'm interested in making ...

1. Jet fighter planes (where motor is inside the body)
a: mig21
b: F16/F14
c: passenger jet planes
etc
2. Normal planes
a: Cessna Aircraft,
3. twin engine (i will definitely be using 2 motors)

Lee

You have to start with what plane it is you are building.
I guess you will be following some plans from the internet.
Even If you are building totally from scratch, you can still read the plans from a similar sized type of model.
On these plans, they should give you a motor size for the model.
In the motors specifications, it will tell you what props go with that motor.
It should also tell you the Amp draw for the motor, which will give you an idea of what ESC to buy. ( alway buy one larger than the motor specs. If it say rated at 30A, get a 40A to be safe)

Mfarooqi

oh.. that important "safe" option is good.. so will that work even for lesser Amp motor? if that can working on 30A?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, it will work on anything. One thing to remember is the motor PULLS power, the battery and ESC DON'T push it. So you can run a 200a ESC with a 12a motor if you wanted. I wouldn't suggest it since a 12a motor probably can't lift a 200a esc lol. Just an example. Same rule for your battery. higher C is always better to keep the heat down.

If you have not done so already, check out my Matching Motor Battery & ESC video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlSa2f76QiU

Top Bottom