Trucks What Nitro Truck To Start With???

What Truck To Start With?

• Traxxas Rustler .15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Traxxas Jato 3.3

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • HPI Savage 4.6

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I have a little bit of a dilemma on my hands here. I have 4 nitro trucks in my possession and I want to know what one the members would like me to start out on first. In the photo below you will see all 4 of them and the only one that is not showing all of the parts is the Jeto 3.3. Mainly because it is in multiple pieces. The rear section is actually sitting on top of the front section and I have 4 pieces of the engine sitting on top of that lmao. So lets explain what I have.

Far Right - This is the Traxxas Rustler .15 and is the smallest engine in the bunch. This is the truck you saw in the First T-Maxx Video Series which I never actually did any video of. I ended up selling this truck to my brother in law and he has had some fun with it. This truck runs but is dirty. The rear tires are 'okay' but the front tires are crap and everything is on bushings, not bearings. This would be a 'Good Used Purchase' scenario if you were looking to purchase a used truck. It will need some things, but is pretty solid.

Middle Top - This is the always popular Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5. This truck does run but is very dirty. Again, this would be a 'Good Used Purchase' since everything is there and in decent working order. This truck has "Bowtie" tires on it which is what I liked to race with when I was racing 2WD off road when the track was tacky. Great set of tires to say the least.

Middle Bottom - This is the Traxxas Jato 3.3. This truck is pretty much a 'worst case scenario purchase' if you were looking for a nitro truck. It does have the 3.3 traxxas engine, but I can push the piston all the way through the sleeve meaning it is completely worn out. Again, like the trucks above this one is very dirty and this truck has the worst 'off road' tires of all time since they are actually 'on road' tires lol. I also just noticed it is missing a shock lmao. This truck is going to take a LOT of time and money to get back in running order.

Far Left - HPI Savage 4.6. This truck is an absolute monster with a 4.6 size engine. The shocks are not mounted so that it would fit in the box it was shipped in but does not have a body and the motor is completely locked up just from sitting for a number of years. It was mid last year when I received this truck and I'm waiting to work on the engine until it is on video. I honestly do not know what all this truck needs since I have not really dove into it to look. Again, I was saving that for the videos on this truck. This is a truck that was donated to Rc-Help specifically for the purpose of videos in mind.

So those are the 4 trucks that I have to work with and work on. My question to you all is, what one would you like to see me start on FIRST? I will be doing ALL of them in time, but I want to know what one you want to see me start with. Vote in the poll and post your comments on what you want to see done to these trucks and shown on video.

Nitro Trucks.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What's up Tony. Man, so many choices. Decision, decision huh. Well If I had to choice and if it was me, for some reason I would have to go with the Savage 4.6 :). That's just my opinion lol.

Tony

Staff member
How did I know you would say the Savage? hahaha. I will hold my thoughts on what I want to start with until after the members have voted.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Just kidding. Any of them will be an excellent videos. Actually more individuals have electric then nitro.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, but I have been getting hounded to do more nitro videos so I think it is about time. All of them will eventually get done, I'm just not sure what one will be first. Right now it looks like NO ONE wants to see that Rustler lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Are we stuck at one vote each except for the .15? Come on people, vote! lol. You are letting youtube kick the forums butt on votes! BTW, the 2.5 is winning on the youtube poll.

Top Bottom