450 What is the actual gyro gain?

Sidik Hartono

Deal all, I'm flying KDS Innova 450SD flybar, actually the tail holding quite good. But, my question is how much actual gyro's gain? Because the gyro gain I try to put on 70 / 80 / 88 / sometimes even I put 100, the tail not wagging...
Any problem with my gyro?

My equipment:
Tx : KDS K-7XII
Rx : K-8X
Gyro: KDS 820
Rudder servo: Emax ES9258MG

Blade 400

Deal all, I'm flying KDS Innova 450SD flybar, actually the tail holding quite good. But, my question is how much actual gyro's gain? Because the gyro gain I try to put on 70 / 80 / 88 / sometimes even I put 100, the tail not wagging...
Any problem with my gyro?

My equipment:
Tx : KDS K-7XII
Rx : K-8X
Gyro: KDS 820
Rudder servo: Emax ES9258MG
I`m confused about Gyro gains too Sidik.
I had a tail wag on my Blade 400, Gyro set to 65 and advice from another forum was to turn the gain down. I dialled it down and the wag was worse so I went to 70 and it is good, no wag?
Hope someone can help with some advice about Gyro gains :thumbsup:
Happy flying Derek

Sidik Hartono

I`m confused about Gyro gains too Sidik.
I had a tail wag on my Blade 400, Gyro set to 65 and advice from another forum was to turn the gain down. I dialled it down and the wag was worse so I went to 70 and it is good, no wag?
Hope someone can help with some advice about Gyro gains :thumbsup:
Happy flying Derek
Hi... Derek,
My problem is different from yours,
YOur gain to high, mine is not known how high the gain is... I can't find the maximum gain... because I put the gain on 100 in my Tx, the tail still not wagging...
strange.....

Blade 400

Hi... Derek,
My problem is different from yours,
YOur gain to high, mine is not known how high the gain is... I can't find the maximum gain... because I put the gain on 100 in my Tx, the tail still not wagging...
strange.....
My misunderstanding Sidik :duh:
That is strange!
I`m sure someone on this forum will be able to advise ;)

RandyDSok

I know little about gyro's except some basics... but I did find a manual that I'll attach. I'll also let others try to help beyond what little I mention.

You have 2 leads that go from the gyro to your radio. One lead is for the rudder channel and has 3 wires, the other one has a single wire and is the lead you plug into your receiver for the sensitivity setting you want the gyro to have. The amount of gain is the amount you have set on your transmitter channel you had plugged into for the gyro sensitivity.

Beyond that... I have to let the others help. I know there are two basic modes that a gyro can perform in ... head holding and yaw rate modes. I don't know which gyro supports which or both modes and that will be important. I do know the amount of gyro is set by the channel, while the by the transmitter and other settings are done by the switches and adjustment potentiometers on the gyro itself.

Here is the pic of the manual I found. It isn't a good manual, very basic and it explains very little.

Attachments

• 09-Gyro_KDS-820.jpg
    09-Gyro_KDS-820.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 6

Admiral

When your gain is a little too high, the tail will bounce back a little when you do a quick tail movement and stop, if it's correct it will stop dead, if it's way too high it will go into a rapid wag. No one can tell you how high it should be as it varies with every helicopter, I've had identical helicopters with vastly different gain settings.

Top Bottom