450 What is cyclic pitch?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey guys ... What's is cyclic pitch? How do control it? How much is good and how do I increase or decrease it? How much is good for 3D.. Hbe been reading people set it ... And I am confused... How do you measure it?

Please let me know...

Thanks

---
- Gaba

Tony

Staff member
Cyclic pitch is the individual angling of the blades on each revolution of the rotor. This affects the roll of the craft, moving the nose upward or downward or rolling the craft from side to side.

Lee

When you set your swash mix, you can adjust, pitch, aileron and elevator mix. So a higher percentage of aileron mix will tilt the swash more from side to side giving more Cyclic aileron pitch. Easy way to think of cyclic pitch is how far your swash plate is allowed to tip from side to side or front to back.

Tony

Staff member
It's not "dumb thumb", that would be knows as "fat fingering it" hahaha.

And, start out with your swash mix at 60. Check to see if there is any binding. Be sure to do full left and down, right and down, left and up, right and up. That will check all of the throws. Also look at the rods and make sure they are not binding. It really just depends on how twitchy you want it (expo is a must if you want max throws, and still be flyable), and how fast you want it to flip or roll.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok.. I m gonna take some pics of my build.. I haven't dine my build Luke this ever, I tried a new method this time. Donno if it's "standard" or not, but I like it cause it has made it so much easier and hopefully clean.. :)

Gaba

Top Bottom