450 What is causing this?

FixnFly

I have a feeling that the only way I am going to fix this is to replace the ECU or Motor but I want to be sure. The only thing that I have changed though is the RX. I just converted to Flybarless and have a 3GX v3.1 Is this the culprit? If so how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

It looks to me like your tail rotor is at an angle, instead of straight out to the side.

Are your rudder limits set correctly?

stokke

What exactly is the problem?

Is the rudder acting on it's own?
Did the motor cut on it's own?

Details please.

ps. that looks really dangerous

pvolcko

Yeah, it isn't clear what is happening here that you don't want to happen.

And next time at least strap that battery down to something. :) No seriously, that damn near fell off the edge and you could have been in a world of hurt if that happened. If possible take the blades off this thing when spinning up inside. If not possible (perhaps integral to the issue you're having?) then spin it up outside or in a parking structure or something sizable for testing.

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about the helicopter spinning counter clockwise, that is normal when you spool up, especially on a table like that. Make sure in your Tx under the gyro menu that you are set to HH mode. To figure out if you are or not, we will need to know what tx you have. Let us know the above questions as well as this one and we will help you out.

FixnFly

Sorry about the lack of information. I have to go and re-set up the tail. The gyro is not the problem that I am refering to today though. My main concern is the motor cutting off and on. I cannot think of any way to troubleshoot this except to throw more money at it and see where it sticks :sour: Really though parts over here are more expensive and shipping them takes a few weeks. I don't want to spend more money or wait longer to find out that I am wrong or right.

For the safety quip. Normally I am in a better environment for testing but today I took a shortcut so that I could take the vid withoug having to drive for 20 minuted each way. I am in a city of 25 million people and space is at a premium here and isn't just outside unfortunatly.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes I almost forgot. I am running a dx7 with my 3GX v3.1

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
The motor cutting out could be a number of things. The first thing that I would check is the bullet connectors on the wires. They can have bad solder joints. I would also check the colder connections on the ESC as well. And make sure your servo wire coming from the ESC is soldered onto the board really well and all of the pins are in the Rx as they should be. This is where I would start.

Are you in the USA military? If so, a lot of places have the APO shipping. Yes, it takes a while, but at least you can get the prices that we pay over here and usually free shipping. Just a thought.

DX7 or DX7s?

FixnFly

I took out my ESC and tested every wire and connection. Found a few wires that had been kinked pretty bad from being jammed into the nose area. So after some considerable searching online I found a local hobby store that has Heli stuff. They had a 45a ESC made by a German company named ROBB? The price was good and I didn't have to wait 3 weeks for it. I spent some time and care installing the new ESC making sure that all wires were routed in a way that would not damage them. I spun it up (in a safe environment), and all is good now. Thanks everyone for the help.

Top Bottom