500 What is better 500 or 550?, build ideas/ component list?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey guys... While simming I realized how stable on the sim 500 and 550 size helis are compared to 450... And how I am having more fun learning on them and 450 seems so twitchy.. Lol

I am thinking... Of may be... May be.. Selling my clone... It's a good build flies beautifully and then putting a bit extra in what I get from it and building me a 550 or a 500... Now I have read that 550 is like a sweet spot in helis... Good but electronics are 600 size (can be) and well will be a bit expensive... (am I right??)

Anywaz... You guys tell me if I wanna build a good heli, in a way that I dont have to replace electronics and such again and again... I would like to just go trex combo.. But when I know I can save on frames and such, and tarot I have heard is almost the same quality as align for CHEAP.. some say it's a subsidiary if align... So why not... I might as well go for it.. I am not sure...

Help me decide on the electronics please... I know I am probably going to go for gp750 or gp780 or better in gyro.. It's just worth it.. But rest I am unsure of..,

I know there are a lot of people with bigger helis... Hope y'all can help. :)

Thanks. :)

Lee

The bigger the heli the easier it is to fly. After flying my 600 for so long, then going back to the 450, it was so much harder to hold steady.
I'm thinking about the new 500FL Pro but the 550 is just $70 more. I would go for the 550. Everybody i know that has one thinks its the best heli.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Are you looking at align combo?? Which one are you thinking? I have heard chaos is coming out with a 550...

Lee

I was looking at Align. But you know i love Chaos. If they have a 550 then i'd go for that.

zapster

Dude my 500 is so much more stable and powerfull than a my 450 its an amazing difference
and now i,m a firm believer now in that a HK500GT build it your self is the best heli as far as
affordable to fix when crashed to fix easy to repair,IMO.

Lee

No i'm looking at the 500. But if you are considering the 500 or 550 for $70 more id suggest the 550.
CMT for sure. Its the full spec Align ESP clone.

Tony

Staff member
CMT is full metal head and tail, and has carbon fiber sides on the body. GT has metal frame (not CF) and plastic tail, mixing and washout arms. I had to replace all of that just to get mine to fly.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok... Gotcha...

Lee... The 70 buck difference Is in the align ones right?? Is there a 550 clone I can buy??... Haven't seen one... I would appreciate it if you (or someone ) could lead me to it...

Apart from that yes, if I go 500 I'll definately go CMT. Umm.... Is there a tarot 500 or 550 I can buy from somewhere? Is there a better quality CLONE than HK? (I am just asking not saying HK is bad.. Lol)

All suggestions welcome... :)

And then electronics.. If I wanna go FBL.. What's my best bet?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Heehee.. Gotcha... Lemme look into all this.. What about electronics??

FBL ---- beast x and FB-- gp750/780 or higher...

What about servos for 500 and 550, motor esc and bec....

Thanks... ;)
Y'all are awesome... I m gonna do calculations.. See what will be better... :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Just remember GABA. You get what you pay for! I know that align is not cheep but, the best is the best. The rest are just trying! Lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
True.. Align is good. If I had the money, I would go logo and never look back, SO SO SO SO many good reviews.. But 1000 bucks for a 500 seems tooooo much... Lol

I will put good quality electronics in it. Not compromising too much in those too much this time.. That's why looking for a better clone, and tarot and Chaos are higher quality and if you read up on those sometimes better than align.. ( sometimes) .. That's why I am gonna weigh all options and try to make the best with what I got .. Lol ;)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
? $1000? Your looking at the wrong places! Try Experience RC or Ron lound's heli pro south. If your looking for just the heli no electronics, maybe $500 tops!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh yeah.. Not align that 1000 bucks was for logo.. Sorry about that confusion.. Lol

Yeah align Is 479 .. I am thinking good quality clone frame and then good electronics driving it. I built my 450 this way and it flies like a dream... :)

That's why I am gonna look at everything here.. But only after I can sell that 450.. ;)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ok anyone for electronics!! Please help me with the electronics of 500 and 550! :)

would really appreciate it! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
i think i have this decision... Y'all can tell me if I am wrong, or way out of line.. lol

Kit from HK... CMT...

All align electronics..

Flybarred... (regarding flybarless, there is so much info out there that its overwhelming.. I found some Align 3G ver3 for very cheap... but I am not sure how god they are.... and with 3GX out already... not sure if I should go with them.. BeastX is a little out of my budget range. Next upgrade to this heli might be beast X FBL.. )

THen, all the spare body parts will be align... No matter what...

Does that sound good?

Let me know! :)

Thanks..

Top Bottom