FBL Gyro What Gyro Would You Use?

Tony

Staff member
I have been looking at a lot of different gyros here lately and I was wondering what gyro you guys would use? The gp750 or gp780 are at the top of my list with the ds520 and ds620 as the servos.

So what would you put on your helicopter? Let break this up into 250, 450, 500, and 600. Post the ones that you want to use, Then post what you are using on your Helicopters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee

450 has the GP750 on it but not tested. It was on my 500 and kept the tail solid. Very easy to set up.
500 & 600 both have Phoenixtech GT9 gyros. Same holding quality as the 750 but much cheaper. Set up is a little confusing at first but once learnt its ok.
Turnigy 302. This was my first gyro. its was very good for what i needed at the time. As i got into inverted flying it showed its limits.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Tony, i have a exceed rc gyro that came on my Blueray 450pe. I recall it working perfectly, but im not sure because it was over a year ago. I'll sell it for $5 shipped.

Tony

Staff member
That is exactly what I was thinking. And pairing them with teh DS520 for the 450 and 500, and the DS620 for the 600. Now, I just need $500 hahaha

L PLATER

I use the futuba gy401 on the 500 and find it very good, I also have it mounted at the front under the battery tray.

Cheers

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
You can get the gy780 on fleebay for bout $70. I havent bought any thing for the 500 and above ...yet. I did buy the turnigy servos for the cx500 and I did buy a ds520 for the tail. So far I good wid it.

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
I use a GY401 gyro coupled with a Futaba S9650 digital servo, the pair do their job pretty darn well on my Trex 450

Tony

Staff member
Welcome back Chris :biggrin1: I have seen you trolling around for a while, glad to see you are posting again.

j1273

My 450 will be running a Curtis Youngblood miniG
I have only experienced Esky stock rate Gyro before so Im sure this will be much better!
Ive heard very good things about this Gyro but also one fella who thinks they suck big time!!
I will post my findings when I get the feel for my first 450!
Jay

Tony

Staff member
I have heard both sides on that gyro. Some say it's better than the Align series. and others say it's more worthless than the HK401. to me, it's a MEMS gyro so it should prove to be pretty decent, if not comparable with the Align series.

jamiem

Align gp750 is decent enough (the gp780 isn't as good IME), or if you want to go for the best hold and feel for a normal tail gyro, get a spartan of some description.

I still say that the mikado vbar has by far and away the best tail hold/feel of any gyro I've ever tried, bar none!

Top Bottom