Chargers What Charger is right????

Extensa

I have just received my 450 sport but there is no charger, it has a OptiPower LiPo cell (2150mAh, 3s, 35c, max burst 90c, charge 1c-3c max) battery that came with it but haven't got any idea what to look for in a charger can anyone help with a link to the right charger for this battery? Thanks, Mike.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Any lipo charger will work! Depends on how much you want to spend! Get a charger with the ability to balance charge the battery anyways. I have two lipo chargers myself. One simple one I bought at the LHS. And a IMAX b8 that will charge just about any type of battery!

I have this simple one it works great! http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/passport-ac-dc-lipo-6s-charger-DYN4066

Something like this would be good too. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/passport-ultra-ac-dc-charger-cycler-DYN4064

Or you can oppt to get one from hobby king if you want to wait for it to get shipped to you.
This is the b6 IMAX. I have the b8 IMAX. If I were to do it again I would get the b6! Notice though you have to buy a power supply for this charger. IMAX B6-AC Charger/Discharger 1-6 Cells (GENUINE)

Lee

Hi Mike,
Any 3S charger will work. The differences are, how good they balance the cells, how fast they can charge etc.
Your battery has a 3C charge rating. This means you can charge it at 3 times the size of the battery. So for yours being 2.15A (2150mah) you could charge it at 6.45A. This will save a lot of time waiting for batteries to charge. It not recommended to charge at the full rate of the battery all the time, as this will reduce the life. But if you are at the field and want to get another flight in quickly, there is the option to do it.
So look for a charger that can output at least 6A. Remember that the power supply you use on the charger needs to be able to output the same or more than the charger to get the max out of it.
This is what i have.
iCharger 206B 300W Balance/Charger
It works really well, and will cover all your charging needs.
There are many others on this site. Heres a slightly cheaper one.
iCharger 106B-plus 250W 6s Balance/Charger

Extensa

Thanks lee I have been researching all night and bought a IMAX b6 charger that comes with the mains lead plus the battery adapter lead should get it next week :) thanks for ya help.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Thanks lee I have been researching all night and bought a IMAX b6 charger that comes with the mains lead plus the battery adapter lead should get it next week :) thanks for ya help.

Don't forget you will need a power supply for the IMAX b6 charger!

Bruno

Will it do a rapid charge? How long does it take to charge a 3S Lipo? How do you like th cahrger?

Tony

Staff member
The charging time will be affected by the mah of the battery, or the capacity. the 3s is just how many cells, and how much voltage it has. But, that charger should do a 3s 2200mah battery in about 45 minutes at a 1C charge rate. If you get a battery with a 5C charge rate, and the charger can handle that capacity, then you can cut that down to about 25 minutes. Hope this helps.

Bruno

The charging time will be affected by the mah of the battery, or the capacity. the 3s is just how many cells, and how much voltage it has. But, that charger should do a 3s 2200mah battery in about 45 minutes at a 1C charge rate. If you get a battery with a 5C charge rate, and the charger can handle that capacity, then you can cut that down to about 25 minutes. Hope this helps.

Good to know. So much to learn. Couldn't do it without this forum.

Thank you.

Tony

Staff member
Bro, I'm learning something new every day. even if it's how to soucher a laceration to the forehead from :banghead: hahaha

MasterBruce

IMAX B6 Charger has got positive reviews about performance but never used. I bought icharger B+, found pretty on Lipos. Now, looking forward to buy solar powered charger, any recommendations?

Top Bottom