Cameras What Camera, Video Tx, Etc Do I Need For This?

Fly-n-Low

An FMS Kingfisher.

Snap in mount: FPV base (wood):1400mm Kingfisher -FMSMODEL

Plane: FMS 1400mm (55.1") Kingfisher PNP with Wheels, Floats, Skis and Flaps -FMSMODEL

Looking for the best bang for the buck. Not scared of spending a few extra dollars to get decent equipment.

I have Aomway goggles, BTW.

I boat a good bit and want to use this with floats and take some cool video. I fly the plane while my buddy drives the boat down the river...

I figure this would be better than a quad, etc, because it is made of foam and has floats. And more efficient?

Fly-n-Low

For your amusement. One of the boats in question (I have too many) when I was breaking in the motors.

It is cold and the weather sucks...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Man would I love to be behind that boat sking my butt off no less wake boarding too :).

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
An FMS Kingfisher.

Snap in mount: FPV base (wood):1400mm Kingfisher -FMSMODEL

Plane: FMS 1400mm (55.1") Kingfisher PNP with Wheels, Floats, Skis and Flaps -FMSMODEL

Looking for the best bang for the buck. Not scared of spending a few extra dollars to get decent equipment.

I have Aomway goggles, BTW.

I boat a good bit and want to use this with floats and take some cool video. I fly the plane while my buddy drives the boat down the river...

I figure this would be better than a quad, etc, because it is made of foam and has floats. And more efficient?

If you have the goggles and your going to fly fpv then I would recommend something like this AKK A2 All in One FPV Combo - Camera & VTX If interested in something like that... let me know. I'll sell you one cheap. I have like 3 of them floating around that I'm not using.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I use those camera on my 1/28th truck to chase the ferret or the ferret chase the truck in the house Lol. IMG_0420.JPG IMG_0425.JPG

Fly-n-Low

How about resolution? Like with the run cams and recording with my goggles? I don't mind paying a few more bucks for better resolution.

Man would I love to be behind that boat sking my butt off no less wake boarding too :).

It would pull you for sure, but it doesn't really like going slow with two 245 Merc race engines... Cruise speed is 50-70 and top speed should be over 90. I have had it over 85 with the throttles out of rig. 23' long less engines and a narrow 6' beam with a 26 degree deadrise. It rides SO smooth! Plan on getting some nice drive-by videos with my Typhoon. It would be cool to follow with the plane though. And one reason why I put the AS3X RX in it.

Attachments

• DSCN3916.jpg
    DSCN3916.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN3928.jpg
    DSCN3928.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 1

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well after seeing your boat, you don't mind paying a few more bucks for better resolution lol. Well runcam puts out a action camera and the resolution, I think is wonderful RunCam 2 Ultra Lightweight FPV HD Camera . It has wifi on it too that works great. That way you can view and record with your phone or tablet. You have to still get some sort of FPV camera and VTX setup for the plane. If you got the bucks LMAO you can get this instead DJI Digital HD FPV Air Unit. You can also purchase a DJI drone :). Just throwing things out there.

Fly-n-Low

Not as a expensive as it looks. It is a 93 model, just in good shape. I got it on the cheap, right place, right time. And as you could imagine, a limited pool of potential buyers. He probably had double in it to what I paid for it.

That DJI is one bad SOB! But you have to buy their goggles too.

So I assume you need to use the same brand cam and vtx? Like this?

Lumenier TX5G6R Mini 600mW 5.8GHz FPV Transmitter with Raceband

RunCam Eagle 2 Pro CM-1200 Lumenier Edition (White)

The vtx says minimum of 7V. I don't think that will work plugged into the planes rx. Isn't that normally how you hook them up? Or to the flight battery?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Still a sweet boat. As for the VTX and FPV camera, you can mix match. I'm using the same VTX but this camera on one of my quads RunCam Swift 2 (2.5mm lens) - Orange and the other quad has this VTX TBS UNIFY PRO 5G8 HV (SMA) Video Transmitter with this camera Runcam Phoenix Oscar Edition - 1000TVL CMOS FPV Camera. Of course I got my hooked up to a FC for the quads but you can rig it up to connect to a flight battery. That's how I have it on my RC truck. I connected FPV to it by rigging it to a battery. As long you don't go over or under on the volts recommended. Here's my truck with FPV/VTX connected to a 3s battery IMG_0434.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I was wondering about combining different brands and if there were any quirks.

I my self have mix brand with no quirks. Foxeer, Runcam and TBS cameras with Lumenier, TBS and Immersion VTX. That's why we have choices. Now as for quality viewing, it all depends on trial and error.

Top Bottom