500 Westys new Project .... Compass Atom 500

Westy

LEGEND
Sweet .... Have completed my Blue Tooth IKON - TRACX - MSH BRAIN .... Module ... and tested it with my Android Phone App I just Downloaded ..... Awesome ... I can now control the heli from my Galaxy Note 2 ! YEah!!!!!

Works a treat ... no laptop ... PC or cable connection needed .... simple pair Bluetooth once and only once and done!

Lee

I love the compass models. After having this Warp for over a year now, i can't recommend it enough.
I just did a strip down for general maintenance. Nothing needed replacing.
Every bearing was as smooth as the day i installed it.
All tolerances were tight.
This is by far the best heli i have seen.
I hope the Atom 500 is just as good.

Westy

LEGEND
Right oh ... update ..... Heli is together, Manual is very very vague indeed ... if someone had no idea on whatthey were doing, they would struggle with it.

1. Tail on and assembled. Striped down all the bearings as one of the tail blade grips was sticky... all good now

2. Main gear on, motor pinion backlash adjusted and locktighted (none was in there at all)

3. All Frame bolts checked for tightness and locktight.

4. ESC all soldered both ends

5. STripped head and locktighted .... none present (BUT THERE WAS A FACTORY NOTICE STATING THIS)

6. FBL Head on and mainshaft end float removed.

now I have to park it up as have no Cyclic servos..... :( out of cash .....

now onto the Warp 360 I guess

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

Who needs instructions? They are only the manufacturers opinion and open to interpretation. Matter of fact I don't think I've ever seen instructions that were crystal clear.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

You do need servo's though. You never mentioned a cash shortage when you got us all excited Westy..

Just Kidding,
Ken

Stambo

Instructions are something you haul out of the trash when it's taken 3 days to do what should have taken 15 minutes. :)

Westy

LEGEND
??

Update .... got a set of Align 525M servos....... and some Compass 500 Quick release canopy buttons.... and a set of Align 500 Servo Mounting backers (Carbon FIbre)

Not put it together yet as have been busy setting up my new 65-130C 6S A-Spec Turnigy Batteries ..... will be good to see if they got more punch than my 45C batteries.

Westy

LEGEND
just really got to fit servos (got some very nice Alloy red arms) ... fit ESC ... and Program ESC and TRACX FBL controller

Top Bottom