Spektrum Were is my DX8 experts at.

Tony

Staff member
Have you tried binding with the throttle stick all the way down? You need to set your Tx to the positions on all sticks and switches that you want just in case you lose signal.

Also, get that Tx away from teh Rx by at least 3' and point the antenna away from it. I'm thinking it's hitting a dead spot in there.

Jörg Schulz

hi, what happend after the bind process if you disconnect the bind plug ?..did you try to bind the AR8000 with a seperate bec ?. Or did you try to bind the ar8000 without the satelite (just for testing). /jorg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Jörg Schulz

Remove the bind plug from the BATT/BIND port on the receiver before you power off the transmitter and store it in a convenient place.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Lee

It may seem strange, as the bind plug is just a wire loop from sig to neg, but I have had issues binding many RXs.
I have a bunch of bind plugs. Some work and some dont. Why that is, I don't know.
But if you can try another Bind plug, or make one, it may help.

Derek

Yeah, possibly try a different bind plug....another thing that I've had to do was have my throttle trim switch all the way down. Then, from a minimum of 5 feet, go through the BIND process.

Tony

Staff member
If none of these suggestions work, I would suggest getting ahole of Horizon Hobby and seeing if you can RMA the Rx. It may have a fault in it somewhere not allowing the main Rx to bind, but allowing the Sat Rx to bind.

I've got same setup and had no problems binding. Watched video to make sure you were on the bind button as you were. Funny that the satellite goes normal but main does not.
If you have a different rx cable try that in the event proper power is not getting to rx. I had a cable once that the wire was not terinated well in the pin and when i was setting my 250 up i had weird issues until i exchanged the rx cable. Make sure you have not flip flopped negative pole and it is on the correct pin. I've done this and had similar results.
Short of that contact horizon to see if they can lend a hand.

Last edited:
Also on that rx the socket for the bind plug is designed to really only allow the bind plug to go on one way but it is possible to get it on the other way. I know it's a simple jumper but look close you will see what I am referring to. Shouldn't make a difference though.

Derek

Also on that rx the socket for the bind plug is designed to really only allow the bind plug to go on one way but it is possible to get it on the other way. I know it's a simple jumper but look close you will see what I am referring to. Shouldn't make a difference though.

No, it shouldn't make a difference. The simple wire on one side of the bind plug is just like the other side. The bind plug won't make a difference at all as far as "which way it goes into the rx".

EyeStation

Don't know if I skipped over it, but,
Have you tried to bind it through the transmitter menu option to bind?
Or, have you tried to bind the rx without the sat attached?

Gentlemen I have figured it out! Even tho there is a slight delay. If I turn the transmitted 180 degrees it binding with no problem. Works awesome with a new bind plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom